Purchase disrupted between commitment to buy and completion.

womba0
Community Member

I got into trouble when paying for an item when there was a disruption to my computer midway through the payment process. I had committed to buy but was never able to complete the process through PayPal. But when I entered the same link to the seller, it said I had already bought one and asked did I want to buy another? I entered, hoping to just buy the one item, but it proceeded to add that order to the previous one. I didn't want two, but there was no option to pay for just the one, so I exited.

I went to another site offering the same item, but when I went to buy I was presented with the other two items which I had not paid for. I exited again. Now I have 3 items on my list.

I rang eBay and was able (apparently) to cancel the last item but the other two from the first seller were still outstanding. I have gone through the process of informing the seller that I have cancelled the order. I received an email back that the cancellation had been approved. But when I go to buy something else I am still presented with the first two items added to my list. Each time I exit - because I don't want to buy two of the first item - there is another item added to my list! I seem to be caught up in some weird eBay roundabout from which I cannot exit.

Frankly if eBay considered a sale had been made only after the transaction had been completed this problem would never have arisen. A buyer such as myself wants to complete payment through PayPal. I either pay or I don't pay. Who on earth would commit to pay to PayPal and then not pay, except for someone who either changed their mind on buying or someone like me who had a technical problem. If they changed their mind why put them through all the hassle I am going through? In my case I am happy to buy the first item - but only one of them! What is the point of having this commitment category without payment, a sort of half-way position, which has caused all my frustration?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

big*shed
Community Member

oh shoot, now that I have the word 'womba' in my phone dictionary it is swapping womba for wally and vice versa.  I think I will cut my losses and go back to using my computer rather than my mobile as this is just ridiculous that my phone keeps calling womba wally.

Maybe I should call wally Fred, and call womba Dick.

big*shed
Community Member

womba, it is now I that must apologise.  I replied to your post on my mobile, and it uses predictive text.  When I tried to type 'womba' it changed it to 'wally'.  I in no way meant to call you wally, my phone changed my text because I often type in wally when I message my borther Walter.

Wally, please accept my apology for any confusion over me calling you womba.