I was sent an email to say i was being listed as an "unpaid item buyer"...i had paid for this item 5

susym48
Community Member

I was sent an email by ebay to say i was being listed as an "unpaid item buyer" when in fact i had paid for this item 5 MINUTES after purchase through a direct online bank deposit...it appears the seller did not check their bank account properly - even though the item number etc was listed in the reference - SO after a few days activated the "unpaid item"....

what annoys me greatly is that I THEN HAD TO PROVE THAT I PAID FOR THIS ITEM.... THERE WAS NO ONUS ON THE SELLER AT ALL WITHIN THE EBAY DISPUTES AREA TO CHECK THAT THE ITEM HAD BEEN PAID... IT WAS ALL UP TO ME - THE BUYER WHO HAD DONE THE RIGHT THING BY PAYING IMMEDIATLEY AFTER PURCHASE - 

AND I WAS THE ONE WHO WAS GOING TO HAVE MY NAME, THROUGH EBAY, DARKENED WHILST THE SELLER DID NOT HAVE TO FIRSTLY CHECK THEIR ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT OR SECONDLY DOES NOT HAVE ANY PENALTY PLACED ON THEM BECAUSE THEY WERE TOO LAZY OR HAVE AN IMCOMPENTENT BANKING SYSTEM SET UP TO MONITOR PAYMENTS RECEIVED

TO DATE 8TH APRIL -- 19 DAYS AFTER PURCHASE - I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE GOODS I PAID FOR 5 MINUTES AFTER THE TRANSACTION CLOSED ON THE 21ST MARCH

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE???? WHY AM I, THE BUYER WHO PAID IMMEDIATELY, AFTER SALE,  BEING LISTED AS THE "BADDIE" WHEN IN FACT THE SELLER IS AT FAULT!!!

AS WELL  EBAY SHOULD HAVE A BETTER POLICY RATHER THAN FOR ALLOWING THE FOCUS TO BE ON THE BUYER IN THIS MATTER RATHER THAN BOTH THE BUYER AND SELLER

View Entire Topic

While I sympathise with you, this is one of the perils of not using Paypal (where you do have buyer protection) and instead using DD (which has no buyer protection).

Essentially you are at the mercy of the seller, and have to hope that he/she is honest and will admit to receiving your money.

In future use Paypal to avoid these problems.