Product not in AU as advertised

This is starting to happen more regular now that I look for products listed as in AU, but when you purchase it doesn't arrived by the delivery date and shows as in transit but you find out that it isn't at the courier as it is coming from China 1st. The seller just puts it in the system and waits for it to arrive before sending it on.

I made my purchase on the fact that it was already in this country so would not have to wait as long because it was a gift. Something needs to done to stop it being advertised incorrectly.

View Entire Topic

Check where seller is registered. (Click onto feedback score of seller.)

Expect to pay reasonable price. If it’s new and a lot cheaper than RRP, why? High risk of its being a a Chinese factory churned-out knock-off.

Check the field “brand”. If it says unbranded, you know enough.

Check the negatives over the last 12 months (which you can isolate in the seller’s feedback). Any consistent negative mentioning “sent from China” or “very slow postage” or its being fake or cheap rubbish…?

For some things, you should only buy from authorised Australian seller. There are some on eBay but they’ll also have their standalone online and probably bricks-and-mortar presence. They’ll be listed among manufacturer’s authorised distributors/sellers.