Return item for refund

Purchased a car part on Ebay, was told by Seller that this was the wrong part and they supplied us with a different part.  The supplied part turned out to be the wrong part and the car manufacturer has confirmed the original part we purchased was the correct one.  Messaged the seller and they agreed with us that even though it was outside the return policy dates they would provide us with our refund and we could return the undamaged car component to them, they instructed us to submit a return request through ebay.  Attempting several times to do this and I am unable to do it as the product was purchased more than 90 days ago.  Attempted to contact ebay multiple ways unable too obtain any assistance with this.  I would like to get some assistance with this.  I would like a contact number to submit a complaint.  The automated assistant is useless for these types of enquiries.  I understand the business need for consumers to self-serve as much as possible, but this is completely ridiculous at this point.  Please anyone's help/guidance would be greatly appreciated!

View Entire Topic

eBay’s MBG timeframe is past; you are no longer covered by it. It’s a strict timeframe - 30 days from the delivery date (or the latest Estimated Delivery Date in cases of INR).

If you paid by PayPal, you’re covered by their Buyer Protection. (180 days from date of transaction.) In that case, log into your PayPal account and raise a dispute.

If you didn’t pay by PayPal, but did fund your purchase by credit or debit card, you may still be able to have your bank/card issuer initiate a chargeback. It depends on the card’s T&Cs; the shortest I’ve seen is 1 month but most are longer than that - 2 or perhaps 3 months. The longest is 6 months.

NORE: if you paid via PayPal but funded that with your credit or debit card, try a PayPal dispute first; only if that fails is it recommended that you try a chargeback. Never do both as the same time.