eBay returns

pspw-8
Community Member

Why won't eBay respond to my emails asking for a full refund on goods that were not as advertised? I bought a boxed set of DVD's, advertised as new and unopened. When they arrived, 5 of the DVD cases were damaged, one was damaged internally and the DVD's were sliding around inside the damaged case. Interestingly,  the 2 undamaged cases were the 2 on the outside of the set. The box that housed the DVD's with the printing and graphics was worn on the corners and along the edges, not damaged, the printing had worn off down to the cardboard. I contacted the seller, who said he had bought many things from Amazon and they were in perfect condition, so my purchase must have been damaged in transit. He said he would let eBay decide and they gave me a refund of $100, I appealed against their decision and demanded a full refund $142.80. I have sent eBay 2 further emails and have not had a reply to either. I have sent pictures of the damage to the cases and the box and have had no reply. I sent the request for a refund within 15 minutes of receiving the package, this is the reply I got from the seller

Sorry I have proof that it was ordered directly from Amazon US (this is the third sale, & the first time something like this happened)
Everything was intact when it was sent.
The damages to the cases were most likely caused by transport, although four out of seven cases would appear exceptional
The stains & marks on the discs are from poor handling and/or use
Ebay will have to decide on this matter as to the amount of deduction

I think he agrees that the damage was from poor handling during use difficult in less than an hour of receiving them.

Any idea how I can get eBay to respond to my emails?

View Entire Topic
pspw-8
Community Member

Sandypebbles, I bought an item that was advertised as new, but it wasn't. I contacted the seller who said it was not damaged when he sent it and referred it to eBay to resolve. eBay, resolved it by awarding me $100 back, because the item was damaged, the reason I wanted a refund. I appealed the decision and have heard nothing back, I sent the appeal email on 31st December.

This is eBay's policy:

eBay Money Back Guarantee covers most transactions on eBay. It means buyers can get their money back if an item didn't arrive, is faulty or damaged, or doesn't match the listing.

The item was damaged and it wasn't new so it didn't match the listing.