Where to report phishing to eBay?

au_ila3
Community Member

Where should one report a possible phishing scam to eBay?  Or does eBay even care to collect this info, let alone take action?  I had posted a question to a seller.  Now I have received an email from a Gmail account with an attached PayPal order confirmation invoice.  The subject header is: "Order Confirmation InvoiceXXXXXXXX" and a message that states: Your special purchase is dancing its way to your location. Watch for eBay's shipping updates. Purchase receipt no: XXXXX. Expect its arrival with graceful movements by next Friday."

Given the bad English and punctuation, I suspect that the message is a fraud.  I have not clicked on the attachment or replied to the sender.  But I still want to report the suspected incident.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Everybody gets those kinds of emails

Nothing to do/connected with ebay

They are scammers who pretend to be from all kinds of places

I get them to the email address I have never used for eBay, my housemate gets them and they have never used eBay at all

Very unlikely yours has anything to do with asking a seller a question, and while it is the easiest thing to just blame it on them anyway, it is more likely simply a coincidence