Marked as shipped

I know marking an item as shipped is only considered a courtesy and not a requirement, but ive seen a distinct decrease in the sellers who just wont bother to notify their customers that yes, the item has in fact been shipped. The end result in response, is an increase in messages to confirm that the item was shipped and when.

Call me harsh, but to me, that is a solid reason to not provide 5 stars to a seller for not providing a simple courtesy for the communication area. I buy and pay for an auction/item on the spot, it arrives days or weeks later (depending on where and how far) and is perfect. I am happy with the shipping time, postage costs and overall product quality - all those get 5 stars and a positive feedback score. But if you didnt click the button that says ''mark as shipped'', then i lop a star off the feedback form.

Is it just purely random and i just happen to have purchased items from lazy/busy sellers lately or is this getting quite common, as it seems to me?

View Entire Topic

Yes you are harsh

Sellers are busy trying to keep up with all the new changes ebay are imposing.

Are you aware that if sellers don't communicate at all they are given 5 stars (so some sellers don't communicate for that very reason.)

You are not suppose to be rating sellers on the shipping time it takes your item to arrive, you are rating them on the time it takes them to post (lodge)the item.

I think you will find yourself on a few sellers blocked list with this post.