seller list 3 items in stock but cancels sale and refunds money after 2 weeks, but still lists items

Seller had an item listed with 3  sold and 3 in stock, I purchase one and receive confirmation of payment and positive feedback. Two weeks pass and item not received, so I contact the seller. The seller says that item is no longer available, but it is still listed as 3 item sold and 3 available, Seller suggest I accept an alternate item. I politely declined the offer, so the seller says the item he is offering is worth more than the item I purchased but they will give it to me for the amount that I had paid. Again I declined. The seller then cancelled my purchase and refunded my money. but the item is still listed for sale 3 months later. Seller has six other fee backs with the same complaint, but I was unable to leave feedback as the seller cancelled the transaction before I had the opertunity.

Is it acceptable for a seller to list items and accept payment for goods  that they can not supply, just to maintain a caskflow?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

@gingermegz7

Here you go :-

Capture.PNG

@gingermegz7

To report a seller you go through the "help" pages and get to the link below, scroll towards the bottom and there is a "report a seller" link.

I just wanted to suggest to report the seller too, but I see that it has already been done.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/resolving-issues-sellers/reporting-item-issue-seller?id=4022&mke...

You could try "they don't intend to complete the sale"... I am not sure it is a perfect explanation, but if they list items they don't have it is somehow true, even if they could just be lazy. At any rate you could try.

katistrophik 
HOW???
The is nowhere in the report section that lists this type of activity to report on.
And it seems to be the same issue that has gone back at least 8 years on here, that I have read so far. So surely eBay should have added a part on their report listings by now, to be able to report on such dubious business practices.
And I AM well aware of how long ago the OP was. I was simply trying to add to it, to highlight the same long-term problem seems to still exist, without any way of being able to deal with it officially.

Five years ago to be exact, report the seller, that is all you can do

I know that this was posted some years back. But it seems that this practice is STILL going on in 2021.
And what's worse, there seems to be NOWHERE where we can report such dodgy selling practices to eBay. 
I have only been a member of eBay for less than 12 months. Yet, I have already encountered this thing occurring to me 3 times so far. Where their ad claims to have several of the item I wish to purchase, they take payment, all goes well, then suddenly... Oh, they have none left. And yet, they are STILL advertising that exact item, same size, colour, style, quantity, etc, that they supposedly "sold out" of.
Ironically, there are other identical items listed by similar looking usernames. And they're charging a higher price for the same item. Surprise, surprise. 
It's just utterly wrong.
There needs to be SOME WAY we can report these dodgy sellers and their dodgy selling practices to eBay.