0 fb seller unresponsive after paying, now long should i wait to get refund

so i bought & paid for an item on sun 7th, i saw the seller has 0 fb so sent them a msg just saying 'hi i have just paid, just wanted to make sure you got the payment ok?'....no response as of yet, sent it again yesterday just in case still no reply. Since Ebay stupidly enable the relist function by default i thought maybe this is a relist & the seller forgot about it. But nope, when i search for completed items by them theres only mine & another item sold on 27th June. 

So how long would you wait before applying for a refund if you did not hear from the seller? i could be wrong but i have a gut feeling they're not going to respond. Maybe the've gone on school holiday & forgotten all about it or something. Or maybe they have or are going to post it just somehow didnt see my msgs

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

a simple message to the seller after the delivery date has passed by a day or 3 to alert him its not turned up is a good idea.

that way if you do ring ebay they will see you attempted to comunicate with the seller.

they will check your message history to see whats been going on.

if you have left unanswered messages thats going to be not good for the seller.

View solution in original post

Message 20 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

I think you will have to wait, at least until the estimated delivery date has passed.

Message 2 of 34
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Two days!!!  

What is the seller's handling time?

At least wait till after the ebay estimated delivery time has elapsed before opening a dispute.

Cut a new seller some slack.

Message 3 of 34
Latest reply

yes i suppose that is reasonable, it says 'Delivery:Estimated within 4-8 business days. i would just hope new sellers would realise a buyer would like some communication they've received payment & are preparing to post since they have no feedback to reassure us...

Message 4 of 34
Latest reply

I remember ordering edible frankincense and myrrh (labdanum) resin from Crete three or four years ago. It took a lot longer than I'd hoped, and I did send off an email to the guy in Crete after a couple of weeks to check on the order status, how it had been sent, etc.

He replied back that it had been sent by airmail but without tracking. I mentally shrugged my shoulders and resigned myself to waiting. I knew that if the resins didn't arrive, I could initiate a chargeback, but I also knew how long postage/shipment from Crete could take. (Ages.)

My resins arrived - too late for what I'd planned, but never mind... I'll just host another Georgian Christmas party one of these days and use the resins to flavour some ice-creams made from authentic 17th/18th century recipes. I'd also managed to get hold of some genuine ambergris (obtained by the seller before 1979) for a "wow" experience! I have most of it still, which is good as we are now not permitted to import ambergris into Australia, darn it.

My stance on ordered items coming from overseas is... don't sweat the postage time. It takes however long it takes, and there are many things that can affect the shipping time. I set a generous maximum time, and don't become worried until that time has been reached. (It's a little different if the item is being sent tracked, by a fast method, from a location that isn't notorious for slow postage times, of course... I would probably check on its progress intermittently, eager to see the parcel come into my waiting hands.)

Message 5 of 34
Latest reply

thanks but its not coming from overseas, its coming from QLD to me in Melbourne. Since it only cost me $15 including postage i'm not too worried, although i would really like to get the item. Your parties sound interesting!

Message 6 of 34
Latest reply

Queensland should definitely take less time than Crete!

(I'm not really a party person, but when I do hold one, I want it to be wonderful and will go to endless trouble to make it so.)

Message 7 of 34
Latest reply

@barney_rubbles wrote:

yes i suppose that is reasonable, it says 'Delivery:Estimated within 4-8 business days. i would just hope new sellers would realise a buyer would like some communication they've received payment & are preparing to post since they have no feedback to reassure us...

AP's standard delivery is 2-6 days, so it would seem the seller has a 2 day handling time. Which is today. Not every new seller realises they need to be at their computer, logged into eBay 24/7. Especially Sunday.

Message 8 of 34
Latest reply

now not permitted to import ambergris into Australia, darn it.

You need to take walks on the beaches near the whale visits, never know, might find a clump or two.

image host
Message 9 of 34
Latest reply

New sellers have their funds on hold for 21 days, however, they should still send it to you.

Message 10 of 34
Latest reply