$2000 Large Box express USPS to Australia x2 scans and its day 16....5-6 days for $199aud express

Hey every one i paid $199 aud for express post on a $2000aud Rc Truck and the scans in the first 2 days were fine 

16 days later no scans have shown up at all , i contacted seller multiple times he seams like he's ok but he's not very speedy about things at all , he said he will investigate with USPS i called USPS my self in the end they never got his call i opened my own dispute with USPS and got a report number i ran out of international minutes until next month but i should have my product right? i bought it on the 23rd of January express USPS on ebay and its now 6th of February and no scans have said its even left the US , the ebay seller says it left saint Paul to Chicago and I've heard Chicago sorting is a black hole for missing parcels ??? thoughts 

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: $2000 Large Box express USPS to Australia x2 scans and its day 16....5-6 days for $199aud expres

i can simply end dispute with click of fingers aswell , this will help motivate all involved to investigate, ive asked seller not no refund he has 20days to sort it out

Message 11 of 24
Latest reply

Re: $2000 Large Box express USPS to Australia x2 scans and its day 16....5-6 days for $199aud expres

EXACTLY SO I SHOWED EBAY MESSAGING WHERE I AGREED TO PAYNMORE FOR EXPRESS $199 FOR 6 DAYS RATHER THEN HIS ORIGINAL POISTAGE OF EXPECTED DATE 27THMARCH ,EBAY COULDN NOT HELP AS SELLER NEVER UPDATED THIS , I DONT WANTBHIM TO REFUND PAYPAL GIIVES HIM 20DAYS HE WANTS TO REFUND ME NOW AS HE THINKS PARCEL IS LOST NOW 

Message 12 of 24
Latest reply

There is no need to yell at me or any other member.

Message 13 of 24
Latest reply

No ones yelling , read it normal in your head in a un yelling tone as i looked up it was in capitals and i was too far in 

Message 14 of 24
Latest reply

@jasoau_hhtpwk wrote:

EXACTLY SO I SHOWED EBAY MESSAGING WHERE I AGREED TO PAYNMORE FOR EXPRESS $199 FOR 6 DAYS RATHER THEN HIS ORIGINAL POISTAGE OF EXPECTED DATE 27THMARCH ,EBAY COULDN NOT HELP AS SELLER NEVER UPDATED THIS , I DONT WANTBHIM TO REFUND PAYPAL GIIVES HIM 20DAYS HE WANTS TO REFUND ME NOW AS HE THINKS PARCEL IS LOST NOW 

From what I can gather, you have opened a paypal dispute?

If the seller has responded to that and said he wants to refund you now, then your probelm is solved.

Accept his offer of a refund.

The only thing is, make sure that refund is there very quickly & do not close the claim at all until the money is in your account.

Why are you hesitating? You paid extra to get it sent express (which the seller never even updated on ebay) and you say it normally only takes 5-6 days.

I think your maths is a bit out somewhere though as you say it scanned okay for 2 days  but nothing after that and it had been 16 days.

You were posting on 6 Feb.

If you bought on 23 Jan, that's only 14 days in total & I wouldn't necessarily have expected it to be posted off the exact day you bought.

However, I would have expected that you should have had a further update by now.

I am hoping you only chatted with ebay for help and did not open a separate claim with them. I don't know what the situation is now but in the past, if you opened 2 separate claims at the same time, they would both be cancelled.

The usual order is try ebay money back guarantee first but if that doesn't work, then once it is closed, try paypal. But it doesn't work vice versa.

It is fine to go to paypal first if you prefer, but you cannot then turn to ebay if the paypal claim doesn't work out.

But opening a paypal claim is signalling that you want a resolution-either the item or your money back. The seller has offered you the money back as he thinks the item could be lost (which it could be).

Just take the refund.

The only thing I would add is if the item arrives some time in the future, maybe after you have already bought a replacement, contact the seller and offer to return it by normal post if he is willing to pay the postage cost to you upfront. Or if it arrievs late and you decide to keep it but have been refunded, contact the seller and reimburse him.

Message 15 of 24
Latest reply

you answered no question i have asked you jumped on someone eles comment train to have you say, but your yet to answer with an experience of delays from US to Aus for a large parcel , i appreciate your concern about disputes but this is simply not my question , i had the other commenter under control when he replied , Thanks 

Message 16 of 24
Latest reply

Perfect reply ,

So ebay seller takes a week to reply on average its annoying im going off my tracking it website its been in transit 17 days now  here is a copy and paste from the website 

United States to Australia · Transit in 17 day
Times are in local time of the checkpoint location.
  •  
    Departed Post Office

Jan 22 2024 06:22 pm

· SAINT PAUL, MN, 55122, USA, United States
  •  
    USPS picked up item

Jan 22 2024 03:42 pm

•  
    Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item

Jan 22 2024 03:21 pm

since these scans i have heard nothing , i started a case with USPS and they are very slack and didn't even help seller , i asked seller what we are going to do ? he never replied until i applied pay pal pressure , he then admitted only last night that he thinks its lost but if it shows up he will send me an invoice which is fair or i send it back if i buy another abroad but 13 ours later he still hasn't done refund like he said he did , so something is fishy as that's not time delayed by personal experience it appears back in minutes, I've told him if it shows up ill pay or send back, he is insured, and i said how bout i pay to use fedex and just send another truck if he hasn't done it yet but he's a slow typer ......... i just want to know others parcel delay experience's like did yours show up a month later?? my math is not off , we simply used the express time tables on USPS and even they said i should have it by now or at least scanned in Aus. but scans don't even show it getting to Chicago where it departs , either way this is what I'm looking for , just others experiences but all I've been getting is others down my throat about making pay pal dispute , its to cover my ass . but people don't see this , and don't understand that eBay wouldn't let me open a dispute as i copied and pasted there attempt of me trying with them first $199 is top notch express service where in some cases if smaller Aussies have received earlier then 6 days , however my package is quite big , i have no idea how they loose something so big , I'm going to end this discussion due to people looking for an argument more then helping put my mind at ease with similar experiences with lost or very delayed express postage , Thanks for your reply have a great day, we need all need to chill with my choice of ways of handling things and stick to my original question about express large box delays .. Cheers everyone.
Message 17 of 24
Latest reply

FYI , i don't know if i clarified but I've only made 1 claim with pay pal as i tried eBay first to answer that question , eBay simply would not entertain it until march 27th as seller didn't update expected delivery times as we agreed on express for extra money other then his original postage ,which we did this as i didn't want to wait until March.  ......now all the bull **bleep** is cleared does anyone have experience's ?

Message 18 of 24
Latest reply

I could provide advice on my recent experience, but as you think it necessary to yell, name call and be rude to others.

I dont think I will be of any assistance for fear that my answer wouldnt suit your requirements.

Message 19 of 24
Latest reply

@jasoau_hhtpwk wrote:

FYI , i don't know if i clarified but I've only made 1 claim with pay pal as i tried eBay first to answer that question , eBay simply would not entertain it until march 27th as seller didn't update expected delivery times as we agreed on express for extra money other then his original postage ,which we did this as i didn't want to wait until March.  ......now all the bull **bleep** is cleared does anyone have experience's ?

Fine - but PP will also take a look at the estimated delivery date.

Ebay has no idea you paid extra - nor do they care - that should have been done at the point of sale - not later.

And just an up - everyone has a right to post - whenever and however they see fit ( within the guidelines of course ).

So quit the whining - you have made a mistake by not following eBay's terms - you have done your own thing - now you'll have no choice but to wait.

Message 20 of 24
Latest reply