33 days

It has now been 33 days and the new seller with 100% feedback that I gave a chance despite him being new on eBay (or is he?) still hasn't shipped the item that I have paid him for, and he clearly isn't going to. He has offered no reasons for not shipping and juist thanks me for buying from him as if to rub salt into my wounds.I now have to wait until 10th October to open a case to try and get my money back from this dodgy seller, and I'm not allowed to warn other buyers about c.... c.... because eBay protects its bad sellers from being publicly outed. And before people scream 'Covid-19' delays... if a seller doesn't have the item he has sold to a buyer he had no right selling it period! 

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

33 days

In spite of the fact that millions of people die every single day due to disease, murder, suicide, war, famine, etc, on the planet I continue to get on with my life. If sellers donโ€™t want to keep doing business because of COVID-19 they should close their shops. Indeed, if eBay doesnโ€™t want to keep doing business because of COVID-19 it should shut down its website. Perhaps you havenโ€™t noticed, but the world hasnโ€™t stopped turning, the sun still rises every morning, the birds are still singing, and most people arenโ€™t living under their beds in spite of COVID-19

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

33 days

So when you bought, what was the time frame for shipping from Israel  and the sellers handling time

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

33 days

How do you know he hasn't shipped the item?

Do you understand that COVID-19 is affecting postage world-wide (as well as killing hundreds of thousands of people)?

Do you consider buying from overseas at this time to be a prudent decision?

Do you understand that the eBay postage times, which you are 15 days from, are optimistic?

Do you think you should be buying, online, from foreign countries, at all?

I don't.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

33 days

Pretty much the same as every other time you have posted about the exact same thing

And as I suggested in one of the more recent posts, keep on contacting ebay

Repeatedly posting your opinion here is not going to change anything, fellow buyers and sellers cannot make things happen and nobody from eBay is going to read here, no matter how many threads you open on the matter

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

33 days

How do you know it isn't posted ?

Many sellers forget to mark it as posted in eBay after sending an item.

image host
Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

33 days

@awnbuyer wrote:

It has now been 33 days and the new seller with 100% feedback that I gave a chance despite him being new on eBay (or is he?) still hasn't shipped the item that I have paid him for, and he clearly isn't going to. He has offered no reasons for not shipping and juist thanks me for buying from him as if to rub salt into my wounds.I now have to wait until 10th October to open a case to try and get my money back from this dodgy seller, and I'm not allowed to warn other buyers about c.... c.... because eBay protects its bad sellers from being publicly outed. And before people scream 'Covid-19' delays... if a seller doesn't have the item he has sold to a buyer he had no right selling it period! 

When I first started to read this, I thought maybe you had waited too long or had been strung along by a seller, but if you have to wait till 10 Oct before opening a case, then that must mean the ETA is not till then?

In that case, you don't really have a problem yet. It's always a lot better when a seller at least marks an item as sent and perhaps provides a tracking number as that gives a lot more peace of mind. Your seller hasn't done that, nor has he sent a message to reassure you the item is on its way. So whether the item has been posted or not, I can't tell you. Has he actually said he hasn't got the item or have you just assumed that?

Ebay needs to allow the seller the agreed ETA for the item to get to you, that's only fair. If it doesn't arrive by 10th Oct or soon after though, you will be able to open an item not received claim and within a few days, escalate it and no doubt get your money back then.

Covid19 is playing havoc with the mail but I think if a seller didn't mark an item as sent or reply to my messages within a 6 week period to let me know an item was on its way, I'd probably be opening a claim sooner rather than later.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

33 days

In spite of the fact that millions of people die every single day due to disease, murder, suicide, war, famine, etc, on the planet I continue to get on with my life. If sellers donโ€™t want to keep doing business because of COVID-19 they should close their shops. Indeed, if eBay doesnโ€™t want to keep doing business because of COVID-19 it should shut down its website. Perhaps you havenโ€™t noticed, but the world hasnโ€™t stopped turning, the sun still rises every morning, the birds are still singing, and most people arenโ€™t living under their beds in spite of COVID-19
Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

33 days

If an item with a tracking number does not show any activity such as โ€˜in transitโ€™ for 33 days wouldnโ€™t it be reasonable of me to assume the item hasnโ€™t been sent given that the seller wonโ€™t confirm that the item is in transit?
Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

33 days

Unless they're in Melbourne.

Many countries won't even post to Australia at the moment; a lack of means to move the freight. All down to COVID. And a seller might not realise that until they try to post. They SHOULD communicate, but not all do.

You have advised us that the eta given by eBay is still a fortnight away. As such, you can't do anything yet. Except wait. The delivery time would have been displayed before you purchased, so you really have no legitimate complaint at this time.

Maybe YOU should do some due diligence when purchasing from overseas. Very few people's lives have not been affected by COVID - you are in a very small minority if you are one of them.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

33 days

As I said in your other thread on this, all but one of the seller's completed listings show they are shipping from China - presumably dropshipping, so they are reliant on the dropshipper to give you the tracking.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/32-days-and-still-not-shipped/m-p/2352834

A timely reminder that due diligence pays off when buying.. ...................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 16
Latest reply