60-day limit on giving feedback.

I purchased 10 lamp fittings. The LED lamp in one was faulty and the seller agreed to replace it. I delayed giving feedback, giving the seller the opportunity to fix the issue. The seller strung me along with apparently reasonable explanations and seemed committed to supplying a replacement. However, after several contacts and explanations about the delay, I still had not received the replacement after three months - and the seller no longer replies -  so I purchased a replacement elsewhere. The feedback window (60 days) has now closed. Because I waited to give the seller a chance to remedy the problem, I can't now give the feedback I want to leave to warn future buyers about my experience.  Is 60-days sufficient, especially in these times of supply-chain problems and delayed delivery?

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: 60-day limit on giving feedback.

'Fleabay'  only cares about buyers

Obviously you choose not to use the tools you are given, and are more concerned about leaving a red dot than getting a refund 

Don't allow a seller to 'string it out'

Leave the dot before you run out of time

And if it is 'as described above' i]

Open the appropriate dispute, leave the dot

Don't accept excuses and empty promises 

If they have not done the right thing long before 60 days, they are very clearly NOT going to 'come good'

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

First, let me say, the seller is in Australia, not China as many of the uninformed replies suggest, Second, the product is a well known Australian brand,  HPM, one of the main suppliers to the Australian electrical trade and the product is approved for use in Australia. My house won't burn down. Most of the replies are unhelpful.  I wont bother with the Community again. It is as unhelpful as the seller.

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

An ungracious reply, based - so it appears - upon others not agreeing with your premise that 60 days is not enough time to leave feedback, does not provide any solution to your opening post.

Iโ€™m sorry that you feel that the community replies were not helpful. You could easily have posted again, explaining that the seller was registered in Australia as evidenced in their feedback profile page. The assumption that the seller might have been China-based would have been because Chinese sellers on eBay are notorious for using the delaying tactics that you described.

If you gained no insight into not letting dodgy sellers string you along until itโ€™s too late for you to get a remedy, thatโ€™s unfortunate. I wish you had done so; you can wait too long for a remedy even in situations outside eBay and I hate seeing buyers taken for a ride.

If the seller is indeed an authorised Australian seller of the HPM lamp fittings, go through Consumer Affairs and seek satisfaction through that avenue.

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply.

I am not sure what you mean leave a red dot.

I was after a refund but was lied to.

Not everybody knows all the ins and outs of ebay and I think ebay likes it that way.

If ebay doesn't force its sellers to follow Australian law in Australia, ebay should be accountable to the Australian authorities.

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

Leaving a red dot is just an expression used on the board sometimes. It just means leaving negative feedback.

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

@doug5569 wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

I am not sure what you mean leave a red dot.

I was after a refund but was lied to.

Not everybody knows all the ins and outs of ebay and I think ebay likes it that way.

If ebay doesn't force its sellers to follow Australian law in Australia, ebay should be accountable to the Australian authorities.

Sorry, but it's up to you to know the "ins and outs of ebay", if you want to be a buyer (or seller). The ins and outs aren't hidden. They are there for everyone to see. If you don't wish to educate yourself on how things work, that's not ebay's problem, and they really don't care (as opposed to liking it that way).

As for "Australian Law", Australian Consumer Law only applies to registered businesses, in Australia. If you buy from China, then it doesn't apply. If you buy from me, it doesn't apply. People are very quick to bang on about "Australian Law", without knowing anything about it.

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

............... Or at least know the most very very basics of things when it comes to buying

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply