A new approach to feedback

There's a bit of discussion from time to time about how to get buyers to give feedback & I've just come across a new approach.

Background: I recently bought a second hand book for a friend.

I did have some concerns as the seller was a big volume reseller but had a LOT of negs and neutrals, almost all for being late, books taking well over a month, or cancelling sales. Alarm bells.. perhaps a drop shipper or someone overseas?

I bought & paid on 16/1 from a seller in Sydney. I am in Melbourne. I was meeting my friend on 3/2 and hoped to hand over the book then. No such luck.

On 17/1 I received what looked to be a long form message from the seller, saying how Aust post was slow, allow at least 6 business days etc etc

On 23/1 I received a message the book was posted. I thought this wasn't amazing service to be honest. On the slow side. Another message about how slow postage is these days.

On 9/2 the book arrived. It is in a large envelope, clearly stamped 6/2 @ 8.12

My suspicion is the books come from an overseas source & were posted to seller on 23/1 and when it arrived, on to me on 6/2.

I have bought things from Qld after I bought the book and they all arrived before this book!

Attached to the book is a little note: Give good feedback, 5 stars all the way and go in the draw-one of their loyal customers will win a $250 Coles voucher in Feb. This is a new initiative, they say!Smiley Happy

Normally I would be rapt as I usually give feedback anyway. But this was one case where I was going to mark down the postage stars.

So.. should I be bribed? or tell the truth and be damned!!Smiley Happy

And how reliable is feedback on the internet? I got $50 once for doing a google review of a real estate agent (he was brilliant so had no problem with giving 5 stars). I've won prizes and vouchers on product review too.

So.. what do you think.. is it a good tactic? I'll be watching their FB with interest.

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: A new approach to feedback

pm me Stalks, I might have it..............................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 21 of 22
Latest reply

Re: A new approach to feedback

Well, here's a turn up. I just got a message from the seller (or the CEO of the company, so it said) to say they noticed there were some aspects of the sale I was not happy with and they were committed to improving their service.

I actually gave them positive feedback but I am guessing they noticed I dinged their stars for postage time.Smiley Wink

I wrote back and said their book was fine, products look interesting but if people buy an item from Australia customers will expect it to be posted out faster & if they are drop shipping from overseas, then posting out once it arrives, maybe they need to outline that fact in their ads because their shipping date did not remotely correspond to the postage stamped date on my item.

Obviously they care about their business but my impression is customers(me too I suppose) are more and more expecting quick service.

Message 22 of 22
Latest reply