Abusive seller.

Worst nightmare , seller advertized and sold small tube like green glass perfume bottle as uranium glass and stated on her site that it glows ...but it does not react to ultra violet light and accordingly was returned to seller and a full refund obtained after raising issue with Ebay, I have transcripts of Ebay's chats stating that abuse from seller was not tolerated etc. ...........Firstly I offered to buy the non uranium item for a lesser cost to avoid extra postage costs leaving final decision to seller   who replied " I hate selling to cheapskates like you, and your threatening negative FB means nothing to me, your a disgusting human being ..."......I posted a negative feedback  regarding false advertizing and the abuse and slander and that seller still claimed that item was uranium glass...and have asked her to send or post a photo of item being lit up by ultra violet light...

her response was   " You have been reported to Ebay for your blackmail threats, they have also removed the fraudulent negative feedback you left me, you are a disgusting dog ".....Ebay has now accused me of extortion... no evidence...seller never had to provide proof of item being Uranium glass but keeps sending emails...latest being " I will be relisting that uranium glass today and naming you as the fraud who returned it after trying to extort/blackmail me , I hope you rot in hell you disgusting excuse of a human being .."

The worst thing is that the item has been listed again  eBay item number  with no proof photo of it being uranium glass  with my name and stating that I am a fraud etc.... !!!! 

Apart from going to the police, is there any action I can take to get my name and slander off her listing ??? Ebay has closed the case and I can not reopen it...

Message 1 of 104
Latest reply
103 REPLIES 103

Re: Abusive seller.

kermit2023
Community Member

02:40am Tuesday 23rd and it’s all still there. 
I have also reported the listing…3 times…  with my 3 accounts 😉 (not that this newbie account with zero fb will mean anything) 😐

Anyway, I hope for the OP, his details are removed. 

Message 51 of 104
Latest reply

Ebays policy regarding  public display of members contact info, specifically states listings are considered public.  But also states a members ebay ID is not considered contact info.   It would also be debatable  as to whether the additional  details  included, regarding the OP, is sufficient to constitute contact details.-gutterpunkz

I can see that a member's ebay ID alone is not contact info.

But I think putting a person's real name up is a whole new ball game legally.

I am just going on what a friend discovered when she went to a solicitor about a similar situation.

The solicitor said it only became a legal matter if a person's real identity was disclosed and if it could do them any harm, as in badly affect their business or their reputation in some way.

I have no legal training but I suspect this case must surely be on the cusp. It doesn't give the exact address, I know, but it does give exact details as to name and ebay ID and advises other sellers to block this person. So I'd think gus could argue the seller was trying to trash his reputation.

Apart from the legalities, I thought ebay also had a policy about abuse and very little of the ad is about the item, a lot is devoted to being critical about another member, so you'd think ebay would pull the ad or tell the seller to delete some of it.

The ad is still up. It often amazes me that ebay reps can't use a little bit of common sense and initiative.

Message 52 of 104
Latest reply

Received another Ebay Customer Service email today stating same thing as others yesterday...  defamatory remarks  and posting buyer's personal info against Ebay policy....but seller's comments still on her listing today.  So I rang https://www.ebay.com.au/help/eua?id=5190 from email and lovely young lady explained that  defamatory and personal info on seller's listing cannot be removed like negative feedback,  so now I have had to escalate my complaint to the Trust and Safety Section and they will respond in 3-4 days !!!!!

INCREDIBLE !!!!   I was told that they cannot be contacted by phone, only email.... when I asked if anyone actually worked there  ...  no one actually knows if this Trust and Safety Section actually exists or is ever manned !@!!  WHY I had to chase this up is beyond me...seller was sending abusive emails before she relisted the falsely advertised perfume bottle and not one Ebay person contacted over the last week about the abuse from seller ever mentioned Trust and Safety Serction....   all the emails from Customer Service ...

simply a ploy ....Do JoyceS and Jasmine actually exist or just an IA  product ????  So it seems that Ebay sprouts customer protection but falls way short in carrying it out  ...  So  the seller's abuse and my private information is still available and no for seeable resolution in site .... must be time to talk to my solicitor as this is simply OUTRAGEOUS !!!!!!!!!!

Message 53 of 104
Latest reply

Ebay has no intention of ending listing....just found out that complaint should have been escalated to the Trust and Safety Section a week ago when I first complained seller's abusive emails which have not stopped !!!

Message 54 of 104
Latest reply

Posting my name and where I live as well as the defamatory remarks should be more than enough...

I have posted more info which you might like to read..

Message 55 of 104
Latest reply

Thanks,

I have posted more info today  regarding a Trust and Safety Section in Ebay Cheers Gus

Message 57 of 104
Latest reply

The solicitor said it only became a legal matter if a person's real identity was disclosed and if it could do them any harm, as in badly affect their business or their reputation in some way.

It would surely would be true for this case as the town only has a population of 2,200 (google) so the person would easily be identifiable. 

Message 58 of 104
Latest reply

15. Listing conditions

By listing an item on eBay's sites, you agree to comply with eBay's rules and policies including Listing policies and Selling practices policy. You also agree to pay eBay's fees for the listing, assume full responsibility for the content of the listing and item offered, and accept the following listing conditions:

• When you list an item on eBay's sites, your listing will be posted on eBay's sites and can be viewed in My eBay;
  • Your listing may not be immediately searchable by keyword or category for several hours (or up to 24 hours in some circumstances), so eBay can't guarantee exact listing durations;
  • Content that violates any of eBay's policies may be modified, not displayed or deleted;
Message 59 of 104
Latest reply

3. Using eBay

While using the eBay services, you will not:

• post content or items in inappropriate categories or areas on our sites and services;
  • infringe any laws, third party rights or our policies, such as the prohibited and restricted items policies;
  • use the eBay services if you are not able to form legally binding contracts, are under the age of 18 or are suspended from using the eBay services;
  • fail to deliver payment for items purchased by you, unless the seller has materially changed the item's description after you bid, a clear typographical error is made or you cannot authenticate the seller's identity;
  • fail to deliver items purchased from you, unless the buyer fails to meet the posted terms or you cannot authenticate the buyer's identity;
  • manipulate the price of any item or interfere with other users' listings;
  • circumvent or manipulate our fee structure, the billing process, or fees owed to eBay;
  • post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory or offensive content (including personal information);
Message 60 of 104
Latest reply