Abusive seller.

Worst nightmare , seller advertized and sold small tube like green glass perfume bottle as uranium glass and stated on her site that it glows ...but it does not react to ultra violet light and accordingly was returned to seller and a full refund obtained after raising issue with Ebay, I have transcripts of Ebay's chats stating that abuse from seller was not tolerated etc. ...........Firstly I offered to buy the non uranium item for a lesser cost to avoid extra postage costs leaving final decision to seller   who replied " I hate selling to cheapskates like you, and your threatening negative FB means nothing to me, your a disgusting human being ..."......I posted a negative feedback  regarding false advertizing and the abuse and slander and that seller still claimed that item was uranium glass...and have asked her to send or post a photo of item being lit up by ultra violet light...

her response was   " You have been reported to Ebay for your blackmail threats, they have also removed the fraudulent negative feedback you left me, you are a disgusting dog ".....Ebay has now accused me of extortion... no evidence...seller never had to provide proof of item being Uranium glass but keeps sending emails...latest being " I will be relisting that uranium glass today and naming you as the fraud who returned it after trying to extort/blackmail me , I hope you rot in hell you disgusting excuse of a human being .."

The worst thing is that the item has been listed again  eBay item number  with no proof photo of it being uranium glass  with my name and stating that I am a fraud etc.... !!!! 

Apart from going to the police, is there any action I can take to get my name and slander off her listing ??? Ebay has closed the case and I can not reopen it...

Message 1 of 104
Latest reply
103 REPLIES 103

Re: Abusive seller.

OP, you keep focusing on the negative comments, feedback, defamation - I am suggesting you don’t mention that at all. Just focus only on your full name and address details being posted in the seller’s listing.

If you conflate this issue with the issue that’s already been decided/resolved (that is, feedback removed, unpleasant communications via message), you will not get a new response! Focus on the doxxing.

Message 71 of 104
Latest reply

OMG, it is really shocking that eBay hasn't done anything... If they can't change the description, they should take down the listing altogether.

The OP's feedback was removed because eBay considered it extortion. I don't think the OP had broken any rules in the wording of the feedback itself? What the seller did, however, is far more concerning.

Judging from the seller's reaction, she seems to be truly convinced it contains uranium, although I am surprised that an experienced seller would not post pictures of the bottle under UV light. According to threads I have read, it is the only proof it contains uranium (a Geiger counter can also be used). One cannot know for sure based on appearance. If she didn't believe the OP, she should have asked to return the item WITHOUT abuse.

The only mistake the OP probably made was to ask for a certain amount of money as a partial refund. Usually it is better to contact the seller with photos confirming the item is NAD, and the seller should then offer a solution and seller and buyer can negotiate, although I don't think the seller would have cooperated anyway.

Sorry, maybe I missed it because it is such a long thread, but why did eBay decide in the seller's favour? Were you able to provide a proof that it doesn't glow? 

This is a quick search, and yes, most other sellers do post pictures of uranium glass under UV light:

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p4432023.m570.l1313&_nkw=uranium+glass&_sacat=0

Message 72 of 104
Latest reply

Sorry, maybe I missed it because it is such a long thread, but why did eBay decide in the seller's favour?

That was only about f/b removal. Buyer was refunded......

Message 73 of 104
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

OP, you keep focusing on the negative comments, feedback, defamation - I am suggesting you don’t mention that at all. Just focus only on your full name and address details being posted in the seller’s listing.

If you conflate this issue with the issue that’s already been decided/resolved (that is, feedback removed, unpleasant communications via message), you will not get a new response! Focus on the doxxing.

Hasn't the OP already been there done that, multiple times? Surely, the only recourse now is defamation?

Message 74 of 104
Latest reply

twyngwyn, I may be wrong… It’s simply that the OP was posting ❝RTN - Buyer - case decided in buyer favor no appeal❞ (which indicates to me that the discussion was based on an appeal re the refund rather than the current issue)… and there wasn’t any specific description of what ❝the same behaviour❞ was.

OP, did you contact Live Help on a separate issue? Or did you contact as a follow-up or appeal to the original decision about feedback or refund?

Message 75 of 104
Latest reply

This covers all three.

For a defamation action to succeed, the person complaining of the defamation (the plaintiff) has to prove three things: that the communication has been published to a third person; that the communication identifies (or is about) the plaintiff; andthat the communication is defamatory.

Message 76 of 104
Latest reply

OP - was there a return address on the item received - if so did you keep the information.??

Message 77 of 104
Latest reply

yep.......

Message 78 of 104
Latest reply

No,  did not ever think seller was going to respond as she has....

Message 79 of 104
Latest reply

can you answer countessalmirena's last post, please.....EXACTLY what are we talking about here?

Message 80 of 104
Latest reply