Afterpay has suddenly vanished from checkout?

I've had issue after issue lately such as purchased items vanishing, one of which I have to follow up yet again after not receiving a refund for a fake item that was returned, and now Afterpay has vanished as a payment option for my current purchases.

I have a couple of items I've been trying to pay for (separately due to Afterpay) and yet it is no longer an option at checkout. Each item had Afterpay available and I know that one definitely does as I purchased a couple of other items from that same seller a few days ago and paid via Afterpay without an issue. 

The second seller definitely had Afterpay showing up as an option yesterday as it was there when I sent an invoice request. Now it's vanished there as well. 

I checked every possible issue there and confirmed everything was correct and that there were no issues with Afterpay. I just went on to a listing that offers Afterpay and requires immediate payment simply so I could go through to checkout to see if it would display and yep, Afterpay shows up as per usual....but so does a note stating that checkout has changed (again!). 

I'm assuming this is yet another glitch based on the note about them updating the checkout so does anyone else have this problem and how on earth do I get around it?! 

I'm also hoping this doesn't show up twice as I posted this earlier and it vanished as soon as I posted it...what on earth is going on?!!

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Have you checked with Afterpay to find out if they've suspended your account ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Afterpay is not showing as an option on any of the items on my Watch List.

Maybe it was not successful and has been discontinued?

Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Hmmm, same with me lyndal.............friday gremlins maybe ??????

Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

My watch list items have Afterpay as an option

As an aside, I don't know what the question was, the print is too small and I can't be bothered enlarging to read it   

exploding.gif

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

As an aside, I don't know what the question was, the print is too small and I can't be bothered enlarging to read it   

The burning question Stawks is - NEV, ARIZ, PA, N.C. or GA, which of those are going to cause an orange head-explosion ???

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

🇲🇽 25+ Best Memes About Do I Look Like I Care | Do I Look Like I Care  Memes

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

My watch list items have Afterpay as an option

exploding.gif

Oh bugger, I enlarged it as it went a bit weird on me, sorry! It's showing as the same size as everyone else so I'll enlarge it again and hope that it hasn't done the opposite and is now huge!
Yep, my watched items and anything else I go on still have it showing, it just vanished for the items I purchased. If I go to checkout with an item that requires immediate payment (figured it was the easiest way to check) then it shows up as an option. 

Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Hmmm, same with me lyndal.............friday gremlins maybe ??????

It's still coming up for me on other items and does come up on unfinished items that each of the sellers I've purchased from still have listed, it simply went awol in checkout.

I was wondering the same about gremlins as I remember the fun Friday issues from way back, but checkout looks a tad different so I'm assuming they are mucking about with it yet again. The credit/debit card option is there but can't be used, only Paypal which is weird. 

On a side note, when checking it on an item that's still listed then it shows with a slightly different format....damn it, they've gone and "improved" things again, haven't they? I'm still recovering from their last damn update!

Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

Hoping it's just Friday gremlins.

For your next foray to the boards, try changing your settings.

Click on your ID name.  It should bring up a drop down menu.

My Settings > Prefernces  > Display

Scroll down to text size and change it.

I have mine set on X-Large

Don't forget to save changes  at the bottom of that page           shortsighted smiley.gif

Message 10 of 28
Latest reply