Afterpay payment was rejected

so i made a purchase & used Afterpay for payment purely because there's a $10 off voucher for using it for the first time on Ebay. I got a msg from Ebay a few hours later saying it was rejected 'Sorry, your recent payment for the item(s) below did not go through. Please return to eBay to send your payment again. '

i was not a signed up Afterpay member before going thru checkout, i filled out my details including credit card in there. Could that be the reason or maybe my credit rating? i think its ok but i haven't checked it in years.

Ebay live help is closed & cannot find a contact on the Afterpay page that is for that topic. I noticed the item is not even in my Ebay purchase history either.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Afterpay payment was rejected

@barney_rubbles wrote:

i would read the T&C but as usual they are ridiculously long, i'd be sitting here all day lol

I know! That's why I didn't read them myself either trying to figure out what was wrong. Much longer than eBay's T&Cs, actually.

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

@barney_rubbles wrote:

i would read the T&C but as usual they are ridiculously long, i'd be sitting here all day lol

OK, but don’t cry to us if it all goes belly up and the fees and charges add up to more than the $10 you think you’ll be saving in the first place. 

I read them, took me about 10 mins…. Even found a spelling mistake! 😉

Seriously, I don’t know why folk balk at reading the fine print stuff!!!!! 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

Well, if you want to use a service, you do have to read the T&Cs - that should be obvious. I haven't used my voucher yet - I keep getting one that then expires again and again and again. I just don't feel I am really interested at this stage. I like PP's protection and I don't need to pay in instalments (I don't buy really expensive stuff anyway).

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

I agree. 
Im not the slightest bit interested in afterpay. 
But I did just now have a read of the T’s & C’s.  😎

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

Usually I am actually quite curious... 🙂 But... I have been awake all night because the crazy weather makes me sick ... and felt too lazy when I saw the length. 😄 But I will read the T&Cs when I get some sleep... 😔 Sleep is so important... 

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

If one thinks of T&Cs as a book which one has to review, it's a little easier to bite the bullet and read them.

(I once wrote a bit of a cheeky book review in Year 7... of the dictionary.)

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

I went through the same process as you (at checkout) got accepted, then signed into Afterpay & paid the balance.....thanks for the $10 discount!

Maybe, check your credit rating??

as an aside:

BNPL: Afterpay fees could be passed on to consumers (afr.com)

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

Very well said twyn. If one has doubts about their credit rating then it's best to check it out first. Bad credit rating lasts for 7 whole years. After that? I don't believe it drops off completely.

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

How can I buy a gift card 

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply