An eBay scam. Seller cancelled order because I left negative feedback. Reckons buyer cancelled, LIE

This is what has happened on 3 occassions,   29th May, 23rd June, and 28th June.

The seller cancelled this order because: Buyer asked to cancel the order.

They sent a refund to your original payment method.

Unquote

I wondered why eBay was allowing this to occur when I had NOT cancelled the order, a blatant lie.

With the 3 cancelled orders I emailed the seller with why the item was faulty and then did the right thing any honest person would do and that is to leave negative feedback. Reason, to bring to other buyer’s attention that these products are absolute garbage, at 70 years of age I can pick a con job very quickly on receipt of the item.

With the last cancellation I checked the feedback score for this seller and guess what not only my negative feedback had been deleted but so were a lot of other negative feedback. Their percentage feedback went up to just under 100%.

Likewise for the other 2 cancellations,  is this a scam or isn't it.

It became obvious that eBay doesn't like negative feedback so have created a way for the seller to delete feedback once they make a refund.

eBay wins no matter what. No doubt hidden in their terms & conditions some obscure clause that they can do just that.

But hey isn't it every companies obsession to make money be it by deceitful means, the end justifies the means.

end justifies the means, A good outcome excuses any wrongs committed to attain it.

Unquote

I can only hope that there is some just person who works for eBay might do something about this scam.

gazza

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

An eBay scam. Seller cancelled order because I left negative feedback. Reckons buyer cancelled, LIE

Nobody from eBay reads here, no matter what the blurb says

Does  not  happen 

Funny how you say eBay do not like neg feedback but that is almost all you ever leave, you are a very neg happy customer 

Stop buying from so many shonky sellers in China and you may have far less issues

No sellers cannot delete feedback 

If what you comment in the feedback breaks the rules, it will be removed by eBay

If your comments did not break the rules then actually contact eBay and request it be reinstated 

To add, your age has nothing to do with it, there are several members here at least 10-15 years your senior 

Message 2 of 30
Latest reply

All of your last 10 negs were for Chinese/Hong Kong sellers (look at their feedback to see where they are registered before you deal with them).....................Caveat Emptor..........

eBay don't read here, just members like yourself.

Edit. Snap sandy.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 30
Latest reply

Thank you for making me aware of the feedback you've left.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 4 of 30
Latest reply

If the title of this thread is true, I think you would find that the vast majority of sellers would cancel if you gave negative feedback before they'd even despatched your order, much less received it.

If the case is that you keep on buying from a seller after leaving them negative feedback, I don't blame them for cancelling. I'd be blocking you, as well.

Message 5 of 30
Latest reply

What did you ask the sellers to do when you contacted them about their items?

Message 6 of 30
Latest reply

Looks like this guy is buying the cheapest products he can find and reviewing it like its a 5 star restaurant.

No wonder they cancelled on you rofl.
Message 7 of 30
Latest reply

Very similar to the buyer not all that long ago

Only ever bought from dodgey sellers in China, only ever left foul mouth neg feedback and then came on the forum and abused people here when a couple of those negs got removed

Message 8 of 30
Latest reply

If you are so smart at 70 why dont you spot the con prior to purchase.  I wonder how many party lists you have been added to.

Message 9 of 30
Latest reply

hahaha, that thread would have been funny
Message 10 of 30
Latest reply