Anyone waiting on a Barbie Doll from USA?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Anyone waiting on a Barbie Doll from USA?

A reinforcement not to buy things using GSP. US sellers seem to have no idea that it is not cheaper (generally) for the buyer to use.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Ebay is also trying to give some of these sellers a hint not use them but they must be slow learners.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I see the link mentions International Standard Delivery.  This is NOT the Global Shipping Program but another eBay presumably alternative to USPS Ist Class International.

Here's an excerpt from eBay US:

If you ship to international buyers directly (not using eBayโ€™s Global Shipping Program), you can select the eBay international standard delivery option as an economical choice to deliver your product. eBay international standard delivery is a Delivered Duties Unpaid (DDU) shipping solutionโ€”buyers wonโ€™t pay duties and tax at checkout on eBay, but may have to pay the carrier for duties and tax on delivery. 

I've only bought one item from a seller that used it and from memory (it was a vintage school thermos) it cost $27 for postage and it took just over 3 weeks to arrive presumably delivered by Aust Post but I'd have to check my records to be sure.

They sure are a class act.  Here's a new delivery system that is even sillier than Pitney Bowes.  Classic.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply