Anyone waiting on a Barbie Doll from USA?

3 REPLIES 3

A reinforcement not to buy things using GSP. US sellers seem to have no idea that it is not cheaper (generally) for the buyer to use.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Ebay is also trying to give some of these sellers a hint not use them but they must be slow learners.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I see the link mentions International Standard Delivery.  This is NOT the Global Shipping Program but another eBay presumably alternative to USPS Ist Class International.

Here's an excerpt from eBay US:

If you ship to international buyers directly (not using eBay’s Global Shipping Program), you can select the eBay international standard delivery option as an economical choice to deliver your product. eBay international standard delivery is a Delivered Duties Unpaid (DDU) shipping solution—buyers won’t pay duties and tax at checkout on eBay, but may have to pay the carrier for duties and tax on delivery. 

I've only bought one item from a seller that used it and from memory (it was a vintage school thermos) it cost $27 for postage and it took just over 3 weeks to arrive presumably delivered by Aust Post but I'd have to check my records to be sure.

They sure are a class act.  Here's a new delivery system that is even sillier than Pitney Bowes.  Classic.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply