Are postage costs you incur from a wrongly sent item also refunded by the seller Thanks

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: postage returns

It depends on whether they are Australian or not.

If you open a not as described case and the seller accepts the return they are supposed to provide you with a shipping label. If they don't, don't return it. The case should close in your favour.

If the seller is not in Australia, they are supposed to reimburse you for the cost of returning the item, but it can be problematic getting the money.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

If it is an Australian seller you open a return case and they email you a postage label for you to return the item.

If it's an overseas seller you need to lay out the return with tracking and hope the seller will refund it to you.

In the few I have had, I have complained about not getting the return postage costs in advance and the sellers have refunded without wanting the items back. They were inexpensive items though.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It depends on whether they are Australian or not.

If you open a not as described case and the seller accepts the return they are supposed to provide you with a shipping label. If they don't, don't return it. The case should close in your favour.

If the seller is not in Australia, they are supposed to reimburse you for the cost of returning the item, but it can be problematic getting the money.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

If it is an Australian seller you open a return case and they email you a postage label for you to return the item.

If it's an overseas seller you need to lay out the return with tracking and hope the seller will refund it to you.

In the few I have had, I have complained about not getting the return postage costs in advance and the sellers have refunded without wanting the items back. They were inexpensive items though.

image host
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

My last question was answered. Thank you .  I forgot to ask. With the wrongly sent item, I also paid a postage fee of $12   Do I get this back as well.  Thanks

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

You should get a refund for the purchase price including postage. The seller doesn't get a choice about that.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply