Ask ebay to step in option is still missing

Dear ebay community,

In the ebay resolution centre, there is still one inr case which is from an item not received, which is from a russian seller.

It says:

If you can't work something out with the seller, you can ask us to step in beginning Oct. 14.

Yet, there's still no option showing, in order to escalate/update the case so ebay can step in.

It still only shows: "Send a message to the seller" & "Close this request"

It's 2 days now since the 14th.

Have ebay removed such an important option/aid/buyer protection now too? It's already not easy to contact them & now this?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Where is the Magical Mystery "Ebay Step In" Button?? Seems no where to be found when needed!

eBay have extended case time frames due to the massive delays from Covid-19.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Where is the Magical Mystery "Ebay Step In" Button?? Seems no where to be found when needed!

eBay have extended case time frames due to the massive delays from Covid-19.

image host
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

In the same boat. Seller hasnt shipped the item since July and we opened a case but there is no option to ask ebay to step in and trying via paypal it just links to ebay resolution centre.
Any ideas?

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

A live chat with an ebay staff member, solved the issue for me.
--> https://www.ebay.com.au/help/start_chat?initFrom=HOME&l1label=Buying

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Yeah Ebay where is this magical, wonderful Ebay Step in Web link button?? No where to be found when its needed. One more example of Ebay screwing with us, while they reap in billions. Great service ebay, hats off to you I'm sure!

I returned a $300 item that was received in a non working, damaged order.  Seller amicably agreed to accept the return and refund me for the damaged electronics item.. Seller provided a return postage label. Well I tracked the item that arrived at its return destination today. And Lo and Behold, the track details tell me "Refused delivery acceptance from recipient" So naturally I go to seek this wonderful assistance ebay spout on so much about, should we have a need with troubles when returning items, as ebay say just contact us and we will step in. Well how ebay do I or anyone in this dilemma situation encountered here how do we contact you, when clearly there are no links or ways of access to do so. Seems when you are stuck, well ebay service is no where to be found. Thanks ebay for such an aggravating experience yet one more time.

Any assistance from here would be greatly appreciated, and a whole lot more than ebay make available to any of us. Cheers.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

You were told by the Countess how to go forward with your problem....

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/Sent-Faulty-item-back-to-seller-and-tracking-notice-says-quo...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

I returned a $300 item that was received in a non working, damaged order.  Seller amicably agreed to accept the return and refund me for the damaged electronics item.. Seller provided a return postage label. Well I tracked the item that arrived at its return destination today. And Lo and Behold, the track details tell me "Refused delivery acceptance from recipient" So naturally I go to seek this wonderful assistance ebay spout on so much about, should we have a need with troubles when returning items, as ebay say just contact us and we will step in. Well how ebay do I or anyone in this dilemma situation encountered here how do we contact you, when clearly there are no links or ways of access to do so. Seems when you are stuck, well ebay service is no where to be found. Thanks ebay for such an aggravating experience yet one more time.

Yeah Ebay where is this magical, wonderful Ebay Step in Web link button?? No where to be found when its needed. One more example of Ebay screwing with us, while they reap in billions. Great service ebay, hats off to you I'm sure!

Any assistance from here would be greatly appreciated, and a whole lot more than ebay make available to any of us. at least those seeking the magical mystery "Ebay Sep In" web link Button. Cheers.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

FGS you've been TOLD how to proceed with your problem by the Countess  - or don't you read replies to your posts...........

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/Sent-Faulty-item-back-to-seller-and-tracking-notice-says-quo...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Instead of posting on multiple threads how about reading the assistance you wanted & received?

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Hi All, 

Due to the age of this thread and the information being outdated, we have closed the thread from further discussion. 

If you would like to continue this discussion, we encourage you to start a new thread! 

Thanks for keeping the community a safe and happy place for everyone! 

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply