Asking a question?

I simply asked a seller, was the item they were selling being posted in a 3kg satchel or a 500 g satchel.

Their response, 'yes a satchel'.  OK, I thought my question was fairly straight forward so I replied, 'which one' to their response 'why?'

I'm not sure why it's that hard for the seller to honestly tell me which satchel they'd be using and why so curt with the replies? If I'd walked into a shop and received comments like this to a question, I'd immediately walk straight back out!  Common courtesy goes a long way IMO!!  

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Asking a question?

i have seen thread after thread and comment after comment, telling people they need to ask all the questions they need BEFORE they make a bid. Now we have a thread telling a person who has asked a question, that it seems strange that they need to know what sort of satchel their item would be posted in . You cant have it both ways, tell them to ask questions before they bid, and then when they do tell them that it seems a little sus as to why you would need to know that information.

It seems clear to me, from what the OP has posted, the seller has left the postage price blank with the exception of stating standard postage. So the OP would like to know what the postage will be if they win, will it be a 500gm satchel or a 3kg satchel.

I agree that a buyer should ask any questions they have first, I don't see anything wrong with that nor in the manner the buyer asked their question, but it's impossible for a seller to list with the postage cost blank, meaning a price would have to be stated and the OP seems more likely to want to know if that price was justified (to them) by finding out how it will be packaged and posted. 

Message 21 of 22
Latest reply

Re: Asking a question?

it's impossible for a seller to list with the postage cost blank, 

Minor correction - the postage cost is not able to be stated if the seller selects Freight, but I presume someone wouldn't ask about satchels if it said freight, and in this instance the seller selected Standard Postage which means a cost would have to be specified, and it would have to be a flat rate (same cost to everyone). 

Message 22 of 22
Latest reply