AusPost Van delivered my item to someone else down the street.

I bought a large book. It was scheduled for delivery. Since I know roughly when the AusPost delivery van passes the street so I was keeping an eye through the window.

Then this afternoon I saw the van passing my house without stopping and a few minutes later my item was marked as "delivered - left at a safe place".  I assume my item was delivered to the wrong address of the same street. It could be sender writing the wrong address on the parcel, it could be AusPost delivery person read the address wrong.

I have submitted a missing item enquiry. I remember I can post on AusPost's facebook page to speed up their investigation. Is everything still the same? Is there anything else I can do? Thank you.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I recently bought two items (not off an eBay seller) that were delivered 'together' 'left in a safe place' 

Same store but sent in two different packages 

As in, same sender, both addressed to me correctly

Australia Post courier (different to the usual dude, who was on holiday) delivers one (leaves at front door/safe drop) but I saw him through the frosted glass and went straight out 

Next thing I know, a notification both had been delivered . Nope

Whist trying to get past AP's bots on the phone, the next door neighbour comes over with the second package 

Both were correctly and clearly addressed but for whatever reason, the replacement dude decided to deliver one to me and the second, with the exact same name and house number on it to next door instead 

Hopefully your dude/dudette took their photo of the safe place, which you can point out is not your house 

Good luck 

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Ive had that happen.

Or my best was I had one delivered to me for another business,  about a kilometre away in a totally different street, accept they both began with the same letter, but different numbers.   I rang the owner and she was up within an hour to collect it.

Australia Post arent perfect,  if you know which direction they went, maybe go door knocking,   or ask AP for the proof of delivery and you may be able to work out which door they dropped it at.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

ask for the photo

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I contacted AusPost via live chat, the operator said my case is still "under investigation" and can not provide any update. It would take 1 - 5 business days for them to come up with something.

Then I asked for photo proof of delivery, at least where did it get delivered, if the sender wrote correct street address. Operator said they will call me if they find out something.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

I got another 2 deliveries today. As expected, the driver was another dude (not the usual one).

Thankfully he didn't go to the wrong house, but boy this dude was extremely inexperienced.  He handed over one parcel and decided to leave, after spending almost a minute trying to figure out how to use his scanner. It was almost he had some eye / reading problems as he had to move the parcel + scanner back and forth from his face to be able to read properly. I told him there is another package. He said none. I said it's a box, get back to your van and find it.

Then he found it and handed it over to me.

Then he spent another 5 minutes in his van doing whatever before leaving.

Now I'm 100% sure yesterday's lost parcel was due to his mistake. If I wasn't at home 20 minutes ago, today's box would have been lost again.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

@huatao1975 wrote:

I got another 2 deliveries today. As expected, the driver was another dude (not the usual one).

Thankfully he didn't go to the wrong house, but boy this dude was extremely inexperienced.  He handed over one parcel and decided to leave, after spending almost a minute trying to figure out how to use his scanner. It was almost he had some eye / reading problems as he had to move the parcel + scanner back and forth from his face to be able to read properly. I told him there is another package. He said none. I said it's a box, get back to your van and find it.

Then he found it and handed it over to me.

Then he spent another 5 minutes in his van doing whatever before leaving.

We all started in our jobs and werent perfect on day one.  And so what if he did have some eye sight issue, again we all arent perfect

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

It may be said - one has to be fit for the job one is employed to undertake.

Should have gone to Specsavers. ??

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

It may be said - one has to be fit for the job one is employed to undertake.

Should have gone to Specsavers. ??

He obviously got the job done.  

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Not without help - he didn't.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply