Auspost tracking delays

I have been getting this more consistently lately from sellers, that blame auspost for tracking update delays saying it can take up to a few DAYS for the tracking number to be valid.

Which to my knowledge is bs. I have never had a problem with auspost ever updating a tracking number, usually within 12 hrs maxium.

Maybe sellers just say this just to cover their own asses for very slow postage.

I would prefer truth over lies any day of the week and probably have more respect for these sellers to say they haven't posted it yet but will on a certain day or within the next few days.

Lies lies and more lies
Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Auspost tracking delays

So when I asked to verify that they have physically posted the package and they have replied yes that they have, that doesn't constitute as a lie?

Maybe I am too much of a stickler of expecting people do what they said that they have done.
Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

sorry to be berer if thats how u spell it .. but I am a seller ..

Austpost have not updated tracking on a few of my items for many days ..

it is not BS .. have even contacted them re this problem ... still sussing it out as we speak

so is not BS

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

'bearer'.

In the last 6 months, given there have been no further updates, aaronteshia has probably either resolved the problem or given up.

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

OP's problem may have gone away but AusPost tracking of inbound international packages is still 'flakey'.  I've had 3 packages from US; 2 from Germany and 1 from UK arrived in Dec and Jan (plus 1 from US enroute).  Tracking for the delivered packages was only updated by Auspost after delivery to my unit (all were trackable and all showed as tracking not available right up until delivery was completed).  

AusPost were obviously doing some tracking as USPS managed to show tracking updates as their parcels moved through the AusPost network so I knew they had a arrived and been released from customs and then when they were at the local centre for delivery on the van.  Couldn't do that with the packages from UK or Germany though.  

Delivery on Monday was showing on USPS that it was out for delivery and on AusPost as still being in LA awaiting international shipping about an hour before it arrived at my front door.  I would have thought if AusPost have tracked a package and managed to provide the information back to USPS they would be able to update their own website but apparantly not.

I've only been having this problem with AusPost for about the last 4 months or so but it does rather make a mockery of the whole tracking concept.

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

I guees you must be a part of Aust post. If there was another postal service other than Aust post  Aust woul be out of bussiness

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

That's a very helpful and astute comment 31 months after this thread was relevant.

If you think AP is bad, maybe you should insist on a courier. Aramex or Sendle come to mind.

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

@2012flowerfrog wrote:

I guees you must be a part of Aust post. If there was another postal service other than Aust post  Aust woul be out of bussiness

Smiley LOL

The old "my opinion is different to yours, therefore you must work for X who I am critical of" trick...last refuge for the inept of thought.

Aus. Post are actually pretty good, both in terms of price and reliability. You should try using the postal services in some other countries—there are some shockers.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 17 of 17
Latest reply