Aust Post Getting Worse

Hi all, this has been happening far too many times of late. I am waiting on an item from Sydney to NSW central west, and it was scanned at Chullora so I thought, yes it's at least on it's way to me. Then the next scan was in Fyshwick ACT, nowhere  near me, our mail sorting point is at Bathurst NSW. Then, the next scan was back at Chullora in Sydney at the sorting centre. Ok, it probably got sent to the ACT by mistake, these things do happen, but why in Gods name does it go back to Sydney, when any reasonable person would think it would be sent accross to me via an inland sorting centre which would be more understandable. Similar things were going on before Xmas also. No wonder Aust Post claims they have to increase charges as they are losing money. Sending parcels on a more direct route would be a good start to improving the bottom line.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Aust Post Getting Worse

I'm fairly sure ALL NSW/ACT mail goes through Chullora.

ie The only trucks leaving Fyshwick are going to Chullora, nowhere else. that's the new beaut automated system AP has implemented. Why pay people to sort mail when you can get a short-sighted robot to do it?

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Aust Post Getting Worse

Also, I very much doubt there would be enough mail going from Canberra to areas serviced by Bathurst (AND enough coming back) to justify running trucks regularly between those centres. Unless you want to pay even more for postage than we already do.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Aust Post Getting Worse

I know all NSW mail goes through Chullora Dave and it makes sense that ACT mail would too.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Aust Post Getting Worse

I've got a parcel stuck on the Chullora roundabout and has been that way for 6 weeks. The seller lodged an investigation as it wasn't marked as delivered. AP said "oh, it looks like it's lost". If it was lost, why does it keep getting scanned? Get it off the roundabout and send it to me! I'll get back onto the seller tomorrow and see if she's heard anything else.

I've occasionally had parcels I've sent not go via Chullora, but majority do. A few went via Granville.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Aust Post Getting Worse

When Aus Post get it wrong, they do it well. I had an item go missing in action going from Orange to an inner city suburb in Melbourne for 3 weeks.. it eventually was delivered.

On the other hand, I sent an item last Tuesday from Bathurst to a remote area in W.A. and I received positive feedback yesterday.

There doesn't seem to be any consistancy with deliveries at all!

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Aust Post Getting Worse

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Aust Post Getting Worse

Talk about going 'round in circles. That's a joke. Whatever it is it will be worn out before it is delivered. If it has wheels fitted, it would have got to you itself, quicker.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Aust Post Getting Worse

I am not sure that Chullora is the real problem with that delivery.

It seems to have spent more time at Alexandria waiting for the buyer to pick it up? before being returned to you.   Yes it passed through Chullora both times but did not spend an inordinate length of time there.

Recently my experience has been all good with Chullora....I had two interstate parcels arrive in Chullora and leave again on the same day.  I have had most of my items bought since Christmas (both local and interstate) arrive within days of being dispatched.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply