Australia Post hopeless service

I have returned an item to a seller, they have been in touch to say they have it

according to the tracking it's still in the drivers truck!!

so much for scanning and tracking X-(

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Australia Post hopeless service

I want to know how they massaged it in their Annual Report.

Message 21 of 35
Latest reply

1.  Safe dropping even when parcel has DO NOT SAFE DROP sticker

2.  Not getting Signature on Delivery - when the service has been paid for

3. Not attempting to deliver to door, just carding in letterbox, with no delivery attempt

4. No delivery attempt and NO card,

4 Is particularly annoying, I've had it happen to me a couple of times... When I rang Aus Post about it they said that the cards sometimes get left in the door and blow away

Usually when a large letter/small parcel gets sent with the postie they'll walk the 5-10 metres from my letterbox to my gate and just leave it on the doorstep. Lately they've just been jamming it in the mailbox

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 22 of 35
Latest reply

Not only is the tracking absolutely useless, but it costs me the same to send an item to Perth as it does to send it to the US or Canada.

Message 23 of 35
Latest reply

An update

from AP

Hello Mark

Thank you for your patience whilst we awaited a response from the delivery centre as to where the parcel you sent to xxxxxxxx was delivered. I am sorry for any inconvenience this matter has caused both you and xxxxxxx.

Unfortunately, despite extensive enquiries, we have not been successful in locating the missing article. If xxxxxxx still denies receipt we can conduct a search of our returned mail redistribution centre (formally known as the dead letter office) for the contents enclosed in the parcel. To do this we would require a detailed description (including colour, make model) of the contents.

As the service used is a non signature service there is no compensation payable in the event of a lost parcel. Australia Post would recommend using the signature service and adding extra cover when sending items to ensure the security of a signature on delivery and extra cover will ensure the item is covered should it actually go missing in the mail stream.

I hope that this information has clarified the matter and been of some assistance. Please let me know if you have any further questions. I'm sorry that I haven't been able to help you further.

Yours sincerely

What a useless load of ........................

tracking...............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 24 of 35
Latest reply

chezzy
Community Member

"As the service used is a non signature service there is no compensation payable in the event of a lost parcel."

Personally, I would be gathering whatever info I could print/copy etc and ask/challenge them about their 'discretionary' compensation - even up to $50 and postage cost is better than a kick in the teeth. Paypal/ebay procedures aside, AP is being paid to deliver from A to B. This has cropped up in different discussions on these forums. If I had a lost or damaged parcel that I felt was worth 'fighting' for I'd be filling in one of their PM26s or whatever they call them these days and following it up.

Message 25 of 35
Latest reply

That tracking is a compete rort, they dont do it and it has no value

Message 26 of 35
Latest reply

surely it has to be a breach of contract if Australia Post fails to deliver a letter/parcel.

They offer a service to deliver an item from point A to point B. If they fail to carry out the service for which they have been paid, then they have not fulfilled their part in the contract.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 27 of 35
Latest reply

"As the service used is a non signature service there is no compensation payable in the event of a lost parcel."

I would send correspondence  stating that they have made a decision that is not accordance with their terms and conditions.  Their terms and conditions state that at their discretion,Australia Post can give up to $50 compensation for a lost parcel.

I would request the reasons why they are not acting in accordance with their own terms and conditions and are providing a response with very misleading information by indicating that there is no compensation payable on a lost parcel, when they have in fact discretion to provide compensation for lost parcels. 

If there is no compensation, why is this not advertised and reflected anywhere in their terms and conditions.

Request that in the context of them having this discretionary power, that they reconsider  granting you compensation, and that if compensation is not to be paid, you expect the actual reasons why compensation is not being paid more fitting with the matter being given appropriate consideration as you have purchased a service from them they have been unable to honor.

Message 28 of 35
Latest reply

So does paypal refund the buyer ?? or is the seller out of pocket

Message 29 of 35
Latest reply

chezzy
Community Member

"like" for catspjs!

Message 30 of 35
Latest reply