Australian Standard Sunglasses

bebofpenge
Community Member
Following cataract surgery I have been told that it is essential that I wear AS 1067:2003 category 3 or 4 sunglasses. Not a single listing at present on eBay mentions if they are compliant with AS 1067:2003, let alone the category where they belong. Australian Standard compliance is a great selling point so I must assume that none of them is Australian Standard compliant and instead pay inflated prices at a pharmacy.
Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Australian Standard Sunglasses

bebofpenge
Community Member

I have tried the two nearest pharmacies.  One only had sunglasses without any AS rating and the other had only category 2 (Fashion Spectacles).

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Have you tried an actual spectacle shop?  They may be a bit dearer but you really can't mess about with your eyes.

You are never fully dressed until you put a smile on your face.
Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

bebofpenge
Community Member

Thanks for the suggestion.  The Vision Australia website led me to the Cancer Council.  They have their own recommended sunglasses which are marketed by Target at very reasonable prices.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Well done.  You will probably find that you really need sunnies now you have lens implants.  For me, I find that I now am more affected by glare than I ever was.  I do get some funny looks when it's either dull or overcast and I have sunnies on.  But I need them!  😄

You are never fully dressed until you put a smile on your face.
Message 14 of 14
Latest reply