Australian only

I'm getting sick and tied of asking for Australian only suppliers and being given a combination of Aust and bloody Chinese sellers, it can't be that hard to do. 

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Australian only

In that case geoff, the best you can do is check their feedback and see where the seller is registered.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Australian only

imastawka
Honored Contributor

The filter for 'Australia only', refers to where they post, not where they're located.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Australian only

If you live in a major city, try the 50-100 klms from your location option.

image host
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Australian only

Half or more still post out of China
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Australian only

Definitely not a major city.
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Australian only

In that case geoff, the best you can do is check their feedback and see where the seller is registered.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Australian only

This is an issue that never seems to go away and begs the question just why is eBay Australia treated as a second class market compared to our Chinese counterparts?

I acknowledge that money is a driving consideration but why do our buyers seem to be trash in the eyes of eBay?

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Australian only

Item Location Misrepresentation has been an issue for years and will never go away.  You can read the history here and how it has evolved:

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/SCAM-Chinese-sellers-misrepresenting-item-location-Equick/m-...

Rule of thumb to distinguish local sellers:

1. Generally anything under $10 requiring Australia Post Parcel Post is impossible for local seller to make a profit when the postage starts around $6-7 for bulk lodgement.

2. Read the listing and look for bad 'Engrish' and atypical stock product photos.

3. Location shows as a capital city or state or New Zealand, Broome, Darwin or Chullora, Botany where consolidaters are located and will most likely be Chinese sellers.

4. As mentioned previously check their registration location.

5. Read their feedback which is usually the dead giveaway.

6. If you want cheap prices and quick delivery, it doesn't exist.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply