BEWARE Global shipping program

Buyers beware before you purchase from US sellers check that they do not use the Global shipping program. You will have to pay 2 shipping costs. One for the seller to ship the item to the shipping company in the US. And a second exorbitant cost (min of aboutUS$25) to then ship to you. A simple $5 purchase becomes $50 before you know it. To make it worse most of the yanks don't even know they have signed up for it. This has to be one of ebays biggest rip offs yet!
Message 1 of 311
Latest reply
310 REPLIES 310

@lyndal1838 wrote:

You should be sent a tracking number when Pitney Bowes actually ships the item....sometimes they use the USPS and sometimes a courier.  Until you get the tracking number you have no idea how it is being shipped.

IMG_1539.JPG

Message 31 of 311
Latest reply

Update: I can report that I have had progress and this matter has been cleared up. After sending 3 messages to customer help in Australia and one to the CEO of eBay, I finally received a reply and an explanation. The refund had been made in two separate payments which I had missed since I was looking for one refund amount. Of course, this could have been explained to me in response to my first email I sent back in Nov 2013 and I wouldn't have had to bother Mr Donahoe 🙂

Message 32 of 311
Latest reply

I absolutely agree. I have tried to purchase a small item for under $30. Negotiated a lower post with the seller than the $39 post. She can't change it. I can't send her an email address. Ebay detects email addresses in your communication, try it. They won't let your messages go through. I will try to avoid buying from USA.

EBAY was a good service , is now BIG BROTHER
Message 33 of 311
Latest reply

A US seller I bought items from regularly signed on for the GSP.  Suddenly postage to Oz was twice the value of the items I wanted to buy....or even more.  I contacted the seller but she was unwilling to sent items by USPS.  A few more e-mails and I came to suspect at that time she didn't know how to change things...except for.... one suggestion she gave was to supply a post office box as 'the GSP won't send mail to a PO Box' (and presumably that would change the default GSP setting).  Unfortunately I didn't have a PO Box. ;-(

Re the e-mail address, can you change how it is written in the message?  EG: my(underscore)words(at)company(dot)com(dot)au?  It's worth a go.

Message 34 of 311
Latest reply

We're writing to let you know that your recent purchase of Progressive Suspension 970 Series 12.5in. Shocks 970-1001 through the Global Shipping Program couldn't be delivered to you because the parcel contained items that were found to be restricted for import to AU. We'll be issuing a full refund to your PayPal account. If you don't see the refund in your PayPal account within the next 72 hours or if you have any questions or need any further assistance, please contact eBay Customer Support. We apologise for any inconvenience, and thank you for shopping on eBay. This is what i get, progresive shock absorbers for a harley are now a restricted item , bull**bleep** i have purchased these before and shipped different company and got them no problem
Message 35 of 311
Latest reply

The problem is the oil content and the over strict reading of the CAA conditions for transport of items by air.

===========================================================================================

To detatch items from the GSP, find the link more actions on the sold item page and from the dropdown menu select 'request Invoice'.

The seller may panic at this point.

Message 36 of 311
Latest reply

What it amounts to is that Pitney Bowes just will not ship the items to Australia because they don't bother to understand the rules for the countries they ship to.....one country will not accept the item so they refuse to ship it to any country at all.

It is about time they did understand the shipping rules for air transport as that is the only way they ship.

Message 37 of 311
Latest reply

I am very very very angry with this Ebay GSP. 

Just angry. I know and seen someone who had worst experience and i think Ebay should do something about it now. 

GSP will take at least 2 weeks. thats at least. i heard someone waited over a month. 

I took the risks and asked the seller to send item directly. this guy used the GSP now i'm waiting for my item over 2 weeks. 

GSP - Abort your Business. your Business doesnt help anyone and i've read so many negative posts about you. 

Can Ebay CEO do something or find someone better? just cancel the contract with GSP and start a new project please. doesnt help anyone. i know its all about cost. but cost isnt everything in business. trying focus more on qualtiy.

If i dont get my item by tomorrow. im cancelling it. i dont care. i will just never use ebay again until they abort GSP.

Message 38 of 311
Latest reply

Unlikely they'll abandon the business or eBay will stop using them, particularly as they make so much money from the items they won't send beyond their centre in Erlanger, KY and instead end up in their eBay store, Global Liquidators.

Message 39 of 311
Latest reply

particularly as they make so much money from the items they won't send beyond their centre in Erlanger, KY and instead end up in their eBay store, Global Liquidators.

Since they pay the full retail price for these items (buyers are refunded and sellers keep their payments) and sell them off in a 'distress' sale, there is noi chance whatsoever they'd make any money from doing this with undeliverable items.

Message 40 of 311
Latest reply