BEWARE OF FAKE CASIO G-SHOCK MUDMASTERS CURRENTLY LISTED

I recently bought a casio G-Shock MudMaster GG-1000 -1A described as used comes in the Casio tin. It looked brand new but with no plastics and no books, just the Casio tin. He had sold a few and has sold some since but it looked great when it arrived. I am a long term watch enthusiast and this is a very high quality FAKE! I first got a bit suspect when I downloaded the official instruction manual and it didn't do some things the way it should do them. Then I noticed the second hand a bit jittery sometimes?

But the thing that topped it off in the end was a youtube video I found of a guy that had it happen and he describes in detail the differences, which are very small. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFd7fFT5hdg)

I have contacted the seller who claims he didn't know and was shocked? You can make up your own mind on that one. You will notice a whole bunch of this model have been listed from a lot of new sellers. The guy that sold me mine has agreed to give me a full refund so I am waiting to see if that happens before I take further action.

Buy from a long well established Casio seller that offers them new with everything and you will be fine.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: BEWARE OF FAKE CASIO G-SHOCK MUDMASTERS CURRENTLY LISTED

Only a mod can close a thread (which they very very rarely do)

The only other way is to self report and ask a mod to remove it entirely 

Otherwise any thread/post just stays as is and open for comments (even years down the line)

Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

I have owned Casio watches for about 15 years or more and am a fan of them. My last Casio watch I bought off EBay and it goes well. I watched the video and wasn't convinced the watch was a fake(could have simply been made elsewhere than the other watch hence slight difference). If you are suspicious take it to a watchmaker. Or contact Casio in Australia and get more information. I think you are quite possibly panicking for nothing. Good luck with it.
Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

@michellebartley wrote:
I have owned Casio watches for about 15 years or more and am a fan of them. My last Casio watch I bought off EBay and it goes well. I watched the video and wasn't convinced the watch was a fake(could have simply been made elsewhere than the other watch hence slight difference). If you are suspicious take it to a watchmaker. Or contact Casio in Australia and get more information. I think you are quite possibly panicking for nothing. Good luck with it.

Gee, that's the pot calling the kettle black, isn't it Michelle? You've never ever panicked over any purchase, have you?

Spoiler
Lovely to see you Michelle. I hope you and the critters had a lovely Christmas, The best Christmases are spent with our critters.
Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

@michellebartley wrote:

The watch was checked and is 100% FAKE! There are more things to look for apart from what he mentions in the video. The most telling thing to me was that it did not function the way it should as described in the official Casio instruction manual. Some other things like the background colour behind the roatating wheel for changing functions. But probably the most prominent thing when I used a magnifying glass (old eyes not so good now) was the very poor paint finish on the arrow and a few other parts of the dial.

I now have my money back and he has the watch back. I am keeping an eye out to make sure he does not list it again as a genuine watch. I have since bought a new  one from a very trusted Casio Dealer on eBay and should have it early next week.

Cheers

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

dont bother asking casio. I sent them a pic of a watch I was going to purchase, and stupidly did from facebook. I had it in my hands and DIDNT take the time to fully examine it. Its said GSHOCK at the top and the backplate said casio. I was suspicious when one armband said triple sensor and the other said two sensors, but im obvious too stupid for that.. Anyway, I had a pic of the watch and sent it to casio through messenger asking about the age, and they said it was less then 5 years old. No mention it was fake as I would suspect a representative of the company probably should have.

I have included a pic. I can make it bigger if needed. It wasnt until i had a better look I realised it was fake, and I also realised that the guy I purchased it off had disappeared

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply