BEWARE OF THIS POWERSELLER

This power seller is selling fishing reels like the are going out of fashion and his ad states that they are 12+1 bearing reels.  When the reel arrived that I purchased, I pulled it to bits and found that it was only a very cheap 3+1 real  (with 12+1 printed on the reel).

Then after I told <removed> what I had found he said 

"I very sorry to here your diapoint do you want me to send other and i cheeki cheeki for you"

Q:  This Power seller is selling fake **bleep**, and turning over big numbers, and ebay doe's what?

A: That right ebay is doing nothing at all because they make too much money out of him. so they let it slide.

My Question is do you think this is right?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I'm kind of wondering why you pulled it to bits as soon as you got it.

You already left the seller a neg stating what you thought & that you are going to U-Tube it,you named & shamed on the eBay messabge boards,that's about all the fun you are going to get out of it i guess.

eBay aren't going to check every item from China to see if they have the right stats so if no-one else has complained about this item i don't know what you think eBay would do about it.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

was thinking the same narelle. the OP has just done any chance of getting money back.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

The OP isn't the only one who checks the validity of the specifications of Chinese-sourced products. I do the same whenever it's feasible, such as checking the capacity of rechargeable batteries (frequently overstated) or output power of lamps or amplifiers in Lumens or Watts (frequently understated) and I'd be pretty bloody annoyed too if I'd paid for what I thought was a 12+1 bearing reel to find that it was in fact only a 3+1 bearing reel, particularly as eBay simply turns a blind eye to these disgustingly immoral and illegal practices. Why would they care, just as long as they continue raking in their exorbitant fees and profits. It's about time that eBay pulled out their collective finger and became a bit more proactive in doing something constructive about these crooked Chinese retailers.
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

checking the validity of an item is all good but when you pull an item apart then the line has been crossed i believe for getting a refund. what damage has been done from doing so?

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

If it only requires the simple removal of a couple of screws, probably none at all. Bear in mind also that in normal usage, a spinning reel needs to be dismantled and cleaned of sand and lubricated with oil at regular intervals, at which time it would become immediately obvious that it was not as described in the listing.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

cq address the O.P instead of using the post to have a veiled childish dig at me.

You know quite well that as bsal pointed out that if an item is dismantled,repaired etc it will not be able to returned for a refund.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

No dig intended, Narelle. 🙂 Just pointing out that in normal usage a fishing reel would need to be dismantled by the owner to clean and lubricate after every use in salt water, at which time it would become immediately clear that it was not at all as described by the seller, and as this is a normal part of everyday use, the seller cannot claim that the item had been unnecessarily tampered with. Therefore, they cannot legitimately reject a return simply on the basis of customer tampering.
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Then tell the O.P that he is right & what he can do better next time while dealing with a seller to get a better result.The seller replied to contact with an offer of another item,so would probably have provided a refund if the O.P was reasonable in communication.His fb & threatening a U-Tube exposure tells me otherwise.

There is no need to P.M me about it as the information you provide on the boards is much more reliable.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

So....after first being burnt, you kept buying from China? 

Why?

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply