Bank Chargeback

Hello, I used paypal to purchase. I need to lodge a charge back with my bank. Who is the "merchant" PayPal or the Seller? Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Bank Chargeback

Unless you paid with a credit or debit card, then you cant do a chargeback. Probably need more info. Why do you need to do a chargeback? Did you not go through the eBay money back guarantee if there was as issue?

Message 2 of 38
Latest reply

Bank Chargeback

If you have a problem with an item why can't you go through eBay's MBG if you're within their time limit, or Paypal itself ?

A chargeback should be a last resort.

Edit. Snap Tippy.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 38
Latest reply

Bank Chargeback

Hello, thanks for your replies. It's an action of last resort. I have grounds to instigate a charge back I just need to know if PayPal or the seller is the "merchant". Paid through PayPal account. Thanks again.
Message 4 of 38
Latest reply

Bank Chargeback

@homely787 wrote:

Hello, thanks for your replies. It's an action of last resort. I have grounds to instigate a charge back I just need to know if PayPal or the seller is the "merchant". Paid through PayPal account. Thanks again.

Do you mean that you've been knocked back by both eBay and Paypal in a dispute ?

Edit. Did you use a credit card to pay though Paypal ?

Message 5 of 38
Latest reply

Bank Chargeback

Yes, knock backs despite strong grounds. Paid by credit card through PayPal. Thanks.
Message 6 of 38
Latest reply

Bank Chargeback

Please provide more info. We need more info if we are able to help.

Message 7 of 38
Latest reply

Bank Chargeback

Then I think you need to go to your bank with all the evidence you have and ask if you can get a charge back.

Bear in mind that eBay and Paypal nearly always side with the buyer, so be prepared for the bank to knock you back as well, chargebacks are not as easy to get as some people think they are. .

Message 8 of 38
Latest reply

Bank Chargeback

PayPal is a joke now. I chose PayPal dispute resolution. Bought the item, received it with major manufacturing faults, seller eventually provided a return post label, returned item received with tracking. Said they'd refund and they haven't. PayPal declined my claim!
Message 9 of 38
Latest reply

Bank Chargeback

What reason did paypal give for refusing to refund?

By the way, when you get a refund the funds go back to the funding source....in your case a credit card....and take several days to show.

Message 10 of 38
Latest reply