Bank Chargeback

Hello, I used paypal to purchase. I need to lodge a charge back with my bank. Who is the "merchant" PayPal or the Seller? Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Bank Chargeback

PayPal advised: based on the sellers response we have declined your claim. They did not detail what that response was. I've been going around in circles at PayPal. As I paid through PayPal (using my credit card) any refund goes back to my PayPal account, and PayPal then credits my card. Thanks
Message 11 of 38
Latest reply

Bank Chargeback

@lyndal1838 wrote:

What reason did paypal give for refusing to refund?

If it's the seller that the OP left the neg for over 6 months ago then the Paypal's 180 day time limit had probably expired.

Also, if the sale was over 6 months ago then it will be outside of many of the banks time limits as well...............

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 12 of 38
Latest reply

Bank Chargeback

Hi Thanks. The item wasn't purchased on eBay. Sorry for any confusion. I've found the community here helpful in the past. That's why I put my question here.
Message 13 of 38
Latest reply

Bank Chargeback

@homely787 wrote:

Hi Thanks. The item wasn't purchased on eBay.

Maybe use Paypal's community forum next time then.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-Community/ct-p/en?country.x=au

Message 14 of 38
Latest reply

Bank Chargeback

Perhaps, didn't know they had one. In any event, I like eBay's forums very much. Thanks.
Message 15 of 38
Latest reply

Bank Chargeback

At least be upfront next time if it wasn't an eBay problem.

Edit. let us know how you go with the chargeback.

Message 16 of 38
Latest reply

Bank Chargeback

Yes, I've apologised for any confusion.
Message 17 of 38
Latest reply

Bank Chargeback

Did the product not come with any warranty?

Have you contacted the store in question either directly via their website, and if no response there, their Facebook page?

Message 18 of 38
Latest reply

Bank Chargeback

scamming thieves is the reason i decided to stop selling here - this is all too common, funny thing is the scammers are trying the same thing on other sites using paypal chargebacks

Message 19 of 38
Latest reply

Bank Chargeback

I'm not a scanner. I paid for an item ($199), it came with major manufacturing faults, seller agreed for the return and said they would refund, item returned with tracking, no refund from seller, PayPal claim rejected. It seems PayPal will only honour eBay purchases. My claim lodged at paypal was described as receiving defective goods. After receiving all supporting docs from me, PayPal changed the reason for my dispute to be that I had not received s refund. They did this without my authority. They also said the item isn't covered by its buyer protection policy. It was a furniture piece.
Message 20 of 38
Latest reply