Baying on ebay

bjork8alf
Community Member

Postage is to expensive and is not related to the items size and weight. Next surprise VAT tax and maybe custom tax and fees in the home country. To much surprises.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Baying on ebay

I see you're registered in Sweden?

Do they have an ebay?

Maybe look at your local site if they do as you'll avoid those extra taxes. Plus help your local sellers.

If you've been looking to buy on Australian ebay, yes, the postage to Sweden would be expensive, it is a long way away.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Baying on ebay

Postage is actually related to size and weight.   Sellers cant help what our postal services charge, nor can Ebay

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Baying on ebay

VAT really shouldn't be a surprise, since it's something you generally pay all the time - granted, the entire EU changed the import system on the 1st of July, the threshold is now $0, which means you pay VAT on all items you import, and you now pay it at the point of sale instead of when it arrives in your country; there will be no additional fees or taxes to pay on goods where VAT is charged up front, unless the seller has not filled out the customs declaration correctly ( also, unless the goods are valued โ‚ฌ150 or more, in which case it reverts to the old way and you pay VAT, and any other import costs, when it arrives over there rather than when you buy the item). 

If you are looking at items specifically from Australian sellers, yes, our postage costs can be a little on the high side compared to buying from other countries. There isn't much we can do about that, and this post will do even less - we complain to Australia Post all time, generally all we get are more price rises.  ยฏ\_(ใƒ„)_/ยฏ

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Baying on ebay

jwsm_oz
Community Member

Sellers lose in the end if they over charge on postage,  or use the horrendously priced Global Shipping.

I usually check postage rates to confirm.  Good sellers will refund the difference,  if the postage / packaging is less than charged.

If I encounter a dodgy seller... it's a bad review and I never buy from them again.  Unfortunately good sellers are vanishing in their droves,  fed up with eBay.  I see quite a bit of anger directed at customers,  who aren't really the problem,  or didn't create the problem in the first place.

J

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply