Being judged, repeat, repeat

buyingandsellingmandy
Community Member

Hi

I was a newcomer to this site and I came for help. Some of you were very respectful, helpful, investigated a few things for me.

But, there were alot of people that were critical of me in so many different ways.

I had come to this site for help, that's all I wanted, help to prove I had paid for an item.

Some of you were down right mean.

More than not, alot of people were very critical over and over again. If I made a mistake, then I got criticised for that. I want all of you to read all my responses to my very first question on this sight.

If a person comes to this site for help, be respectful from the very beginning. They need yr help, not anything else.

One person i nearly reported.

I was constantly being bombarded about anything I had to say, in the end, that wasn't the help I needed. I don't know how old some of these people were, but to me, it's not funny when u need help to be criticised all the time.

If I had not won my case, I would of left ebay for another site. To the person who was so rude from day one, you need a lesson in how to talk to females. Coz yr really bad at it.

For a person to have this sort of experience, very first time, your getting a bad reputation.

I showed alot of people your responses, friends of mine, people in the street, random people I didn't know, just wanted to see what other people I didn't know thought.

Only the people that were helpful got a mention. Others that were critical, well, your site is getting a bad reputation, because of you're responses.

You can say, now I'm being critical, yes I am, coz if I don't tell you, someone else will eventually.

I think age might have something to do with it. Some of you sound like teenagers.

A little respect goes a long way in this life.

Most people I spoke to said, I'm never going on there to get help. I said, are you sure u wouldn't if u were desperate like I was for people's help? Response, not in a million years was a common answer.

All I asked of each person was, can u read this, tell me what u think, nothing more.

How many people did I ask? All the people that live in my court, parents, teenagers alike, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19. Then I went to my town shops, I know most shop owners, local people. Same reaction.

If this makes u all angry, well, it hasn't sunk in yet, the reality of it all.

To those that helped me, a big thank you, it was very rare, but, I did notice you.

Message 1 of 73
Latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

lynsh84
Community Member

Do you feel better now?

I am not sure what you hope to achieve with your rant, but I suspect you will not get the desired effect.

As to the ages of the responders here, they vary from quite young to members in their 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, and even 80s.....and most of them tell it like it is.

If you do not like the truth then you will not have an easy time of it on the boards.....and a complaint like this will not go down very well with the regular responders.

Message 2 of 73
Latest reply

You said most of that at the end of last year - and it's still getting to you ????

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 73
Latest reply

It doesn't make me angry, but it seems to have made you angry. All I can suggest is that you monitor your blood pressure. High blood pressure (especially due to repressed rage) can damage your heart or cause a stroke.

Message 4 of 73
Latest reply

I have just read the thread from last year, 

You were given some excellent advise,  but you seemed to ignore it, or not want to listen to what was said.

Did you really go up to strangers and as many people as you say with the transcript of last years thread,  if so I think you may be the one that we should be asking are you ok.

Just by you posting this rant shows a concern to me.

You said on many occasions in last years rant that you are leaving Ebay.   You are still buying and selling on Ebay, I am confused.  Why are you here?

Ok now I will be accused of being unstable or something,  but as someone not in last years rant, I can take an objective view,  

Message 5 of 73
Latest reply

lynsh84
Community Member

I have just spent an hour reading last year's thread from go to whoa.....why on earth would you want to drag that debacle up again?

There was never any need for you to get so upset that ebay said you had not paid.....you got the item and it was obvious that the seller just wanted to exploit the fact that you did not pay by a verifiable payment method to get his fees back.

Just give it a rest before members here have cause to question why you would even want to drag up that old thread.

Message 6 of 73
Latest reply

@lynsh84 wrote:

..why on earth would you want to drag that debacle up again?

I think that is very obvious,

Message 7 of 73
Latest reply

The first question I ever posted on eBay got some very nasty responses, some astonishing (and inaccurate) claims about me.....and not much help. 

Since then things have improved but you will soon recognise the regulars who post nasty messages....and learn to shrug and ignore them.  Don't forget - there are also regulars that are helpful.

Don't dwell on that first post - it's over and done with and now you know what to expect from some posters. 

I will say this, sometimes even the helpful advice can be interpreted as a bit mean.  Apparently everyone else knows everything about eBay the minute they sign up...except the person who asked the question.  I guess it doesn't occur to some of them that to find the right info on eBay you need to frame the question correctly.....which can be a bit hit and miss....let alone grasp where you went wrong to need to seek advice. Another thing - if the advice is good, follow it!  It might not be the response you wanted but sometimes that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Seriously, forget the past responses and let it go.  Do not dwell on it and post comments - that only feeds the trolls and can also earn the ire of those who are genuinely helpful.

Message 8 of 73
Latest reply

Good Lord,  Somebody sat on my cat.

Message 9 of 73
Latest reply

@sugar249 wrote:

Ok now I will be accused of being unstable or something,  but as someone not in last years rant, I can take an objective view,  

No, you'll probably be accused of being an ebay employee. That appears to be the standard response from someone who didn't like the answer they were given. I have seen it so often when I was reading lots of posts before I started posting.

Message 10 of 73
Latest reply