Beware Ebay Allows Scammers and Fraudsters on Ebay and Protects them

After 13 years buying on ebay, just a warning to anyone that Ebay Policies are False and Misleading and Ebay actively modifies the date you lodge a "did not arrive" so that the date they will step in, never happens. I have proof in their chat messages.  

Ebay also protects these Scammers and Fraudsters by closing requests without your knowledge or consent.

Ebay also allows sellers to place fake feedback on their profile to nullify any negative feedback.  You can do this yourself, if you find a seller with a massive number of sales, then if you ever have to leave negative feedback, go to their store page, and watch repeated positive reviews from the same 'buyer' with the same 'review' scroll your review down the page and the seller's rating wont change.

Items lost that eventually turned up damaged and left insecurely ebay will close the "did not arrive" regardless how late and damaged the item was also.  

Ebay also allows False and Misleading Advertising by sellers, and takes no action including falsely claiming an item is the genuine brand. A tip - if you buy lithium batteries for power tools, get the weight of the item from the seller before purchasing, and check on the genuine products website and confirm the weight is correct. There's hundreds of ebays on ebay for this product for example that are fake and massively under specs.

Don't buy on ebay unless you're sure the seller is not a scammer, and don't trust that ebay policies are worth anything.  Ebay helps these scammers, and prohibits them stepping in by changing the date of cases raised.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

13 years - you'd think you'd be aware.

Of course a case for item eventually ' turning up ' will be closed - it was delivered.

The separate case of - damaged ' - another thing altogether.

TIP - buy important items from the source - not eBay - they are cheap for a reason. lol

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

13 years - you'd think you'd be aware.

Of course a case for item eventually ' turning up ' will be closed - it was delivered.

The separate case of - damaged ' - another thing altogether.

TIP - buy important items from the source - not eBay - they are cheap for a reason. lol

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

lol it wasn't cheap that was the point.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

bryzen
Community Member

USE eBay,

don't react at the nuances per se.

THIS Global scab is what it is.

SEE the scum for what it is.

USE it as you see fit.

DON'T let it affect you.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

I am not 100% sure what has been happening to you, but if you open a claim, I think you have to follow through later to finalise it. If you don't, I think the request times out eventually.

Also, if you claim something didn't arrive and then a seller can show tracking that proves it was delivered to you, my guess is you would lose that claim. The fact that a parcel might be left at the door and you think it is insecure won't count as that is an issue with the courier or Auspost.

If you find your item is damaged or not working though, you would need to open a different sort of claim with ebay-not as described/faulty, whatever. It's no use claiming not received as you received it. 

You are right in that some items on sale on ebay are fakes or poor quality. There are categories of stuff that it is probably best to avoid, to be honest. Lithium batteries would be right up there, along with anything electronic or anything where you're expecting a warranty.

You are right in that it is best to check out a seller before you buy from them. It isn't 100% sure everything will go well even then, but if you buy from an Australian seller with a steady lot of good feedback and you don't buy from what I think of as the potentially dodgy categories, your chances are pretty good everything will turn out well.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

You used to be able to report sellers for making fraudulent claims & misrepresenting the capabilities of the items they sell.      Where's that gone?

It was not allowed to sell knock offs either, but their are hundreds of S23 Ultra phones that claim to be the same specs & look identical to Samsung S23 Ultra phones. They are much cheaper which is a give away as long as you're not a total fool. Many sellers of portable fridges claiming that a thermo electric cooler is a Fridge Freezer & that is also fraudulent they are not capable of freezing at all.

I've got a fake Rolex maybe I could sell it on EBay now ! for $10,000

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

It is a 2 year old thread.

But I do note that you enjoy purchasing from sellers with bad feedback,  so I guess a mirror would be a good purchase

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Why can't you report fraudulent listings?

There is a specific option especially for that, which has a 'box' where you can explain why it is fraudulent 

But with the amount of dodgy sellers you choose to buy from you don't seem to have any problem at all supporting them to stay in business 

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply