Beware of fake limited edition sneakers.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Beware of fake limited edition sneakers.

Good thing I don't buy sneakers. I occasionally buy running shoes.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

But I bet you sneak more than you run...........

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I can't even sneak these days

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Wherever something becomes collectible, there will be fakes.

This whole business of making, selling and buying fakes… It’s so dishonest and it is alien to me because I want value for money. Quality above a brand name. (And also I try not to be dishonest. I thought that I should add that.)

The very fact that an authentication service is necessary for this sort of item shows what a huge problem it is. Oh well, no skin off my sneakers, as I don’t collect them.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I think fakes are common wherever you have a market for a big brand name that is in demand but very expensive.

I'd guess that is why ebay has that section for authentification of sneakers and bags.

Personally, with sneakers, if I wanted a pair that were going to cost me a small fortune, I would prefer to go into an authorised seller so I could try them on, make sure they were comfortable.

I think what is more concerning is some of the fakes aren't cheap. When you're in Asia and you can pick up a Rollex watch from a street vendor for $10, then you know very well you're getting a fake. But on sites such as ebay, it might not be quite that obvious so you have to be careful.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply