Beware of <removed> - they do not hold stock in Australia

I ordered a Samsung Note 3 specifically from this seller because they say they hold stock in Sydney. Needed urgently for Development and a Demo this week.

9 available / 193 sold

Item location:
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Paid for it last Friday. No communication from them Monday so I sent an email this morning being Tuesday. I received a call at 4:30pm saying they do not have any stock !!

So what is the 9 available ??

I was told they have stovk in various Global warehouses !!  Garbage. They do not hold stock here and clearly just have it shipped in when they get an order.

Jst beware. eBay has got to clamp down on these crooked sellers.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Beware of <Removed> - they do not hold stock in Australia

And there is no bricks and mortar shop in Sydney that carries this product? 

Where - you can just walk in and buy it?

And - where you have an australian warranty and after sales service, an address you can go to if you have an issue?

OR 

Was it just because it was cheap?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Yes, I agree, been caught with two sellers supposedly in Melbourne doing the same thing. Waited 9 days for delivery after purchasing with an estimated delivery of 4 days. Aust is a small market, yes, but that is no reason to lie about stock location.

Because they are big commission sellers, don't hold your breath waiting for action on it. The time to catch them out is if and when the phone is faulty, they will ask you to return it to the airport address of their so called warehouse.....yes, we know all about that. Not aware of any warehouses at our airports, freight containers maybe.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

If everyone went into the shops to buy things, there would be no ebay I guess. The reason we buy of ebay is to save money, and in the most cases that is true, you just have to be a bit savvy with items such as phones and delicate electronics.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

And short delivery time requirements.

AP quote delivery of 2-7 business days for standard post, so buying on Friday and needing it this week is a very good reason NOT to buy online.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

How different things are here in the UK with most on line sales. I ordered somthing today at lunch time and could choose to have it delivered any day except Saterday free of charge, a Saturday delivery would have cost me £3. I chose Thursday as I wouldn't be in much tomorrow.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Isn't RM running at a loss?

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Is this the item:  Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 4G LTE 32GB Smart Phone White ★Unlocked★?

I checked on it on Tuesday -at that time the listing said 9 left 193 sold, now it says more than 10 left 196 sold. Just out of curiosity I asked the seller specificaly if the item was in stock in the Sydney warehouse and received only an enigmatic reply "please be aware we have limited stock of this item,"

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply