Beware

Beware of seller REMOVED.Bought faulty goods from seller.Seller said return goods sent me PO box in NSW to return goods to.Returned item and nothing heard.Started paypal dispute.Paypal advised me because return address didnt match paypal address there wasnt anything they could do unless seller agreed to refund.Be aware that chinese companys using shipping hub in Australia but have registered paypal address in china can bypass giving you a refund or replacement when they tell you to send item back to an australian address.This australian stock might be faster,but you have no protection thru paypal when it goes wrong.After 15+ yrs i thought id seen all the scams.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Beware

@grant_oz wrote:

No because paypal case has been dragging on for so long(26th jan) im passed the ebay claim time.

eBay's deadline is 30 days from last estimated delivery date shown when item is posted.

image host
Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

All the above are good points.That being said when you are in the dispute stage and paypal encourage you to talk to your seller and try and work it out and you do talk and the seller says send it back you send it back.The dispute phase is there to sort it out with the hope you dont need to make a claim.If i was in the claim phase i wouldnt have sent it back untill paypal sent me the ok.There is a flaw in the dispute stage you have open contact with the seller paypal say try and sort it out and when you think its sorted it backfire,s.Paypal prefer you to sort it out in the dispute stage but if you do and it goes bad you are not covered.There would be 1000s ppl that send items back for exchange or refund thinking they are doing the right thing that will not be covered and im talking about ppl sending items back outside paypal dispute.The other thing i found out going thru all this is if you send your item back to the PO BOXS in Chullora there isnt a final tracking scan saying delivered.It shows as delivered on the internal aus post system not the public tracking site.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

If there is an issue with an item the first thing I do is contact the seller.

I only open a dispute if I have no satisfaction from that contact.  Which means by the time a dispute is opened I am past contacting the seller.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply