Blocking a country

I am trying to reduce my funding of China human rights abuses by cutting down of stuff made in and/or bought from China (albeit hard!).

Is there a way I can block search results from country or countries?  Maybe a third party addin? or something?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Blocking a country

1) You can look on a sellers feedback page to see where they are REGISTERED

2) You can check the item location of anything you want to buy (under the Postage tab). This is not always reliable though as there are some sellers who put the item location as Australia, but send from China.

3) You can check feedback. If there are lots of negs from buyers who complain based on Point 2, then that would be a red flag.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Blocking a country

imastawka
Honored Contributor

You can try 'refinements' on the left hand side of your search page, and indicate the number of klms from your postcode.

It might help.  Dunno

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Blocking a country

If you really also want to avoid items "made in China", it is quite difficult these days, as even some luxury brands have started to have their items made in China, which makes the label... well, not worth much, really. It is a bit silly to pay much more just for a name and see "made in China" under the name...

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Blocking a country

Thanks all.

Yeah, i know about the methods mentioned (but thanks all the same).  I still want to purchase internationally, but just wanted to stop the search results being polluted with China stuff.

lol - yes, it is very difficult to avoid China these days but something I personally feel is worthwhile to me; only so much I can hear and see (last straw was a Chinese mate who told me a few stories).

Thanks all! 🙂

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Blocking a country

Buy from non-Chinese sellers of items unlikely to be made in China. At least at reasonable value, rather than cheap *bleep*.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply