Buyer not sending, paid with Paymate

Has anyone had any luck claiming money back when paying with Paymate?

I've bought something that the seller has cut off all contact and and in the last couple of days 3 or 4 negs have appeared on their feedback saying they he is a rip off.

I called Paymate to start the process to get money back and the person there said i may be able to get it back, but not definitely.

I've always had no trouble getting money back from people who have tried to rip me off with paypal, so am worried when Paymate says they will "try"

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Buyer not sending, paid with Paymate

It has been quoted that paymate Item Not Received/significantly not as described claims cost buyers many times on these boards......... I just need a link to that advice?????

Anybody like to chance their arm??

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

the dispute resolution clause from paymates user agreement. I think this system is different to the trustmark sellers system....although I am not too sure.....

However I can see no notification of any buyer charge

...can you??

http://www.paymate.com.au/cms/index.php/pds#terms-of-use

13.2: Dispute Resolution:

If you (as a Seller/Recipient) are unable to resolve a dispute with a Buyer, the Buyer will be entitled to follow the Buyer Dispute Procedure set out in this paragraph and you (as a Seller/Recipient) agree to be bound by the Dispute Resolution Process specified in this paragraph.

Buyer Dispute Procedure: If the Buyer (in this paragraph โ€œyouโ€) is unable to resolve the problem directly with the Seller, they will go to the Resolution Centre and follow this process:

Open a Dispute.

Open a Dispute within 45 days of the date you made the payment for the item you would like to dispute.

Escalate the Dispute to a Claim.

If you and the Seller are unable to come to an agreement, escalate the Dispute to a Claim within 20 days after opening the dispute.

You must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a Dispute for an Item Not Received (INR), unless the Dispute is for $2,500 or more.

If you do not escalate the Dispute to a Claim within 20 days, we will close the Dispute.

Respond to our requests for information in a timely manner. During the Claim process, we may require you to provide documentation to support your position.

You may be asked to provide receipts, third party evaluations, police reports, or anything else that eBay or Paymate specifies.

Comply with our shipping requests in a timely manner.

For Significantly Not as Described (SNAD) Claims, eBay or Paymate may require you to ship the item back to the Seller or to Paymate or to a third party at your expense, and to provide proof of delivery.

For transactions that total less than $250, proof of delivery is confirmation that can be viewed online and includes: the delivery address, delivery date, and the URL to the shipping companyโ€™s web site if youโ€™ve selected โ€œOtherโ€ in the shipping drop down menu.

For transactions that total $250 or more, you must get signature confirmation of delivery.

Claim Resolution Process.

Once a Dispute has been escalated to a Claim, Paymate will make a final decision in favour of the Buyer or the Seller.

You may be asked to provide receipts, third party evaluations, police reports, or anything else that we specify.

We retain full discretion to make a final decision in favour of the Buyer or the Seller based on any criteria we deem appropriate.

In the event that Paymate makes a final decision in favour of the Buyer or Seller, each party must comply with Paymateโ€™s decision.

Paymate will generally require the Buyer to ship an item that the Buyer claims is Significantly Not as Described back to the Seller (at the Buyerโ€™s expense), and Paymate will generally require a Seller to accept the item back and refund the Buyer the full purchase price plus original shipping costs.

In the event a Seller loses a Claim, the Seller will not receive a refund on his or her Paymate or eBay fees associated with the transaction.

If you lose a Significantly Not as Described Claim because the item you sold is counterfeit, you will be required to provide a full refund to the Buyer and you will not receive the item back (it will be destroyed).

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

viewmont, Paymate changed their pricing structure in September. I assume that is when the claim fee was dropped.

The Buyer Protection terms used to state:

Paymate offers a Buyer Protection Program only for purchases made from Paymate-approved TrustMark sellers under the following terms:

* Buyer must accept the terms of the Paymate TrustMark Program when making a purchase, including payment for traceable and receipted shipment;

* Refund of up to $3,000 per buyer per purchase with $50 deductible per claim for goods not received or goods substantially not as described;

* A claim must be filed with Paymate within 30 days of the initial purchase via Paymate;

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Well that's one bit of good news - if i don't have to pay anything.

Hopefully paymate can get the money back, i never thought i'd miss paypal.

Thanks for the help so far everyone.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

CmtyGuide@ebay.com
Community Member

Paymate has requested that you contact its Customer Service team directly with this inquiry

here:http://www.paymate.com/cms/index.php/contact/customer-support.

eBay Community Guides help you find what you need in eBay Community, but do not offer advice on other eBay features, or engage in conversation. Find out more about eBay Community and how it works here: Community Help Page
Message 15 of 15
Latest reply