Buyer not sending, paid with Paymate

Has anyone had any luck claiming money back when paying with Paymate?

I've bought something that the seller has cut off all contact and and in the last couple of days 3 or 4 negs have appeared on their feedback saying they he is a rip off.

I called Paymate to start the process to get money back and the person there said i may be able to get it back, but not definitely.

I've always had no trouble getting money back from people who have tried to rip me off with paypal, so am worried when Paymate says they will "try"

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Sorry the topic should be Seller not sending, not the buyer obviously.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Did you know that it costs $50 to do a Paymate claim? If you haven't officially started it, I think you would be better off enquiring with your card provider to see if a chargeback is possible.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Really?? It doesn't say that anywhere on the paymate site (that i could see)

And yes, i've already tried my bank. They said to take it up with paymate since i authorised the transaction.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Actually, just found it under fees ( $30 )

Wish i could edit posts on this forum.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Must have gone down since I last read their fees etc. It's a pity re: the bank, but I hope the purchase is worth claiming back for, even if it incurs the $30 loss.

Sorry I can't provide any more detailed information about Paymate disputes, I have no first (or even second) hand knowledge of the process. Hopefully someone else can provide some more insight.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks. I paid $115. So i'd rather lose $30 than the whole amount

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Really?? It doesn't say that anywhere on the paymate site (that i could see)

And yes, i've already tried my bank. They said to take it up with paymate since i authorised the transaction.

If you paid via credit card then the bank is fobbing you off

...ie if you have not received your item and paid via credit card then your credit card user agreement allows and advises you to request a chargeback. Sometimes you need to remind the credit provider of their obligations to you ie. chargeback clause number from the user agreement

....do not take no for an answer.

The fact that paymate processed your payment is superflous to any item not received argument/chargeback with your credit provider.

If you used a debit card then you will need to review your user agreement.

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

The bank may not just be fobbing them off, some banks do not cover 3rd party payments. Most of the main, big banks do but many CU and internet only banks do not.

It is way more difficult to get any money back from Paymate and costs you too which is why I cannot understand why anyone uses it.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

I can not see any buyer fee for initiating a dispute under the trustmark program.

The $30au fee the op  has quoted  is payable by sellers if they with to contest a chargeback.

I note the trustmark program allows buyers to make 2 claims a year for free if the buyer entered into the trustmark "contract" . ie IF the buyer pays for a postal mode that can prove delivery and the seller is part of the trustmark program then a claim will be entertained. This system is in closer integration to the differing state's sale of goods act deemed delivered clauses

copy and pastes with links below

http://www.paymate.com.au/cms/index.php/sellers/why-sell-with-paymate/fees-a-charges/australian-seller-fees

Charge-back Fees

A charge-back is initiated when a buyer requests a refund because they did not receive their goods, or they were substantially not as described. In such cases, we need to not only refund the payment, we also need to provide our bank (and the buyer's bank) with details of the transaction, sales terms and shipment details including proof of delivery.

We attempt, on our seller's behalf, to show proof of delivery and that the terms of sale were met. If successful, the charge-back is reversed, If not, the seller's bank is debited account to recover the payment. When we are unsuccessful Paymate is charged a fee by the bank. We then in turn charge the Seller a charge-back fee.

Our Charge-back Fees to cover these costs is a nominal AUD$30.00 per charge-back inquiry.

http://www.paymate.com.au/cms/index.php/resources/fraud-protection/buyer-protection-program

Buyer Protection for Purchases from TrustMark Sellers

Paymate offers a Buyer Protection Program for purchases made from Paymate-approved TrustMark sellers under the following terms:

Buyer must accept the terms of the Paymate TrustMark Program when making a purchase, including payment for traceable and receipted shipment;

Refund of up to $3,000 per buyer per claim for goods not received or goods substantially not as described;

A claim must be filed with Paymate within 45 days of the initial purchase via Paymate;

Payment must be made via Paymate and credit card under our Terms of Use with Paymate fees applicable;

Purchase must be for physical goods, not services, for delivery within the approved countries listed on our website via a traceable shipment method;

If goods are received but are not substantially as described, goods need to be returned intact to the seller at buyer's cost and provide โ€˜proof of shipmentโ€™ (an online-traceable shipping method).

If you are unable to return the goods to the seller (e.g. no return address) then the goods need to be returned intact to Paymate at the buyerโ€™s cost.

A Police Report may be required at Paymate's discretion;

After two claims in a 12-month period the buyer will not be eligible for further claims;

Limit of $3,000 in claims against a single seller (i.e. purchases from sellers with claims in excess will no longer be protected);

Seller must be in good standing with Paymate at the time of purchase and an approved participant in the Paymate TrustMark Program;

You have not initiated another form of resolution processing, including a credit card chargeback or a dispute under the eBay Buyer Protection Program.

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 10 of 15
Latest reply