Buyer won't take paypal and opened unpaid item dispute?

Hi,

I bought a purchase on Friday. I noted after I bought item that seller didn't take paypal. I asked to pick up so I could pay cash as no paypal, seller said no, fair enough. When I tried to pay today (Wednesday) 1) there was no email attached so I couldn't pay with paymate and 2) there was an unpaid item disute.

I actually meant to make payment on Sunday, slipped my mind (my bad).

I am very cautious about continuing with transaction. Item is only $10 but the unpaid item dispute just grates me. I have contacted the seller several times and the seller never bothered to contact me regarding payment.

Can anyone please advise there 2 cents.

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Buyer won't take paypal and opened unpaid item dispute?

Just reply the dispute and state that seller didn't reply your emails and he didn't supply you with payment options

all the best

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Do NOT PAY - answer the dispute with 'seller will not accept paypal and unable to pay via paymate' for the reason given. Sellers must accept safe method of payment, so no strike will be issued against you. Leave seller negative stating no safe payment method made available, and if you get a negative comment from seller against a positive feedback let eBay know and they will remove it.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Call ebay and tell them to view the messages and they will void the dispute.

Replying to the dispute will not stop them issuing a strike.

You will be issued a strike and then in the email from ebay there will be a link to appeal the strike and once you do that the strike will be removed straight away.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

I haven't used Paymate to pay for a purchase before, so I'm not sure what the process is, but either way, IMO the seller should be communicating with you (seems like they did at least once to say no to pickup, but if they haven't responded to any further messages, I can only presume that for whatever reason they don't particularly want the item to be paid for... ?:| )

Unfortunately, without the seller responding to messages and without a way to pay, the most likely scenario is that the unpaid item dispute will close, with a strike being issued and feedback prevented from being left by either party. The only thing you can really do is appeal the strike - eBay should overturn it if one is issued, as they will be able to see you tried to pay. 

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

so no strike will be issued against you.

Sorry OP - ignore that from me and follow sparkz and dg's advice

I am on fire today :_|

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

First of all, how did the seller list the item without selecting one of the safe payment methods?

so therefore... if the seller HAS listed it with paypal for example, then in his description blurb, states he has no paypal, then the seller has a listing violation.

Do reply to the unpaid item case. Use point form to state your case eg:

- Seller refuses to accept paypal

- Seller refuses to accept paymate

-Seller refuses to accept cash on pick up.

-Seller wont communicate nor respond to my emails.

Good luck ๐Ÿ™‚

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

If you clicked on Paymate as the payment method and you were no automatically given the means to pay then the seller has set it up to fail.

I would call ebay and explain you have had an unpaid item dispute opened against you but the seller is refusing all offered payment methods.

In future I wouldn't bid on items that only have Paymate and not Paypal unless I can pay on pick up and you should always establish that before bidding/buying not after.

While the seller does not have to offer Paypal they won't get very far if they don't, if you have a linked account it is a good deterrent to stop people paying in advance if you are selling pick up.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks so much for all your answers. I was unsure how to proceed. Your help is excellent.

Thanks

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply