Can I cancel a purchase from overseas after putting in an offer

busybee13au
Community Member

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You can retract an offer.

But if the seller has accepted your offer, then you are committed to making the purchase.

image host
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

If the seller has already accepted your offer, you are indeed committed to buying the item. Of course nobody can force you to pay, but if you don't, it will be a strike against your account, and it is better if you tell the seller ASAP, so he/she can relist the item.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

If the seller hasn't accepted your offer yet, this is how you can retract it:

Cancelling a Best Offer

When you make a Best Offer or a counteroffer, you're agreeing to buy the item if the seller accepts. However, if you've made a mistake when making an offer or a counteroffer, you can retract or cancel it in certain circumstances.

You can retract a Best Offer or counteroffer if:

• You accidentally entered the wrong offer amount (for example, you submitted an offer of $99.95 instead of $9.95)
  • The description of the item has changed significantly since you made your offer
  • You can't get in touch with the seller

As well as the above, timing is also important. You can retract an offer if:

• There are 12 hours or more left before the listing ends
  • The listing is ending in less than 12 hours and it's been less than an hour since you placed your most recent offer

You won't be able to retract your offer if:

• The seller has already accepted or declined your offer, or sent you a counteroffer
  • You've already made 3 offers in a specific category

If you're using the eBay desktop site, here's how to retract a Best Offer or a counteroffer if it meets the requirements above:

1. Go to Bids/Offers - opens in new window or tab in My eBay.
  2. Find the offer you'd like to retract.
  3. Select Review offer, then select Retract offer.

You can also cancel your offer on the item page by selecting Review offer and then Retract offer. If you're using a mobile browser or the eBay app, select the following link to go to the Best Offer cancellation form - opens in new window or tab.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply