Can't Log in to pay with Paypal

Hi All, just wondering if anyone is having the same problem as me?? Trying to pay for a purchase.... choosing to pay via paypal balance, I hit the continue button, put in my password and it wont let me click the log in.... the button is not greyed out just wont click.
I'll just add I've used this account for 10 years.... received a payment yesterday & can log in to my account on paypal site and have withdrawn funds.
Spoke to Ebay help.... they said a paypal issue. Spoke to paypal they said a ebay or cookie issue.... deleted cookies with no joy.
Would like to pay for my items and I bet the sellers would like their money.
I haven't put this on the Paypal site as I think it is a buying problem....
Any thoughts would be appreciated....Tia Sharon

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Have just noticed there are other people having the same problem.... time to contact eBay again.

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

You don't really need to go through eBay checkout. If you're able to log on to Paypal directly you can pay from there as long as you have the item number of your purchase.
Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Thanks for that... don't I need their email address though??

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Just tried, I do need their email.... and ebay blocks people sending email addresses in messages.

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

My apologies, you're quite right. In which case, your best option would be to email your seller, explain your situation, and request their paypal email address. I'm sure they be more than happy to give it to you. 🙂

Alternatively, it may be worth trying a different browser, particularly if you're using IE. Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome are both highly recommended and viable alternatives.

Having said that, Paypal changed their user interface within the last 24 hours or so and I suspect that this has created a few issues with a large number of their users, in which case I'd expect them to solve their login issues fairly quickly if you want to try again a little later today.

Re the blocking of email addresses, if they're slightly disguised they'll get through OK (e.g. user AT bigpond DOT com DOT au). I use that method quite frequently myself with great success.

Incidentally Sharon,a simple reboot of your PC may solve the issue.

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Thanks cq_tech..... sending email adresses is hard through ebay messages and are often blocked. About to call ebay again, paypal said there is nothing wrong and it is to do with ebay checkout? Will post what is said after the call as I have noticed a few people having the same problem. Cheers

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue, just sent the seller a message I cannot complete the purchase and will try again later.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems to be working now I was able to complete the purchase

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

No such luck here Doke. Ebay keep putting me through to paypal.... all its doing is draining my battery. Paid one by seller sending me a paypal invoice.

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply