Can't see how to contact Ebay re non delivery

petdals
Community Member

I have sent 2 notices to the seller re non supply of item  234096545472 (2/11) but have not received a reply

I cannot see  how to contact Ebay to request a refund. Nothing works!

Is there  a new Ebay policy that requires payment of $2 to get action in the matter?

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Can't see how to contact Ebay re non delivery

The seller has poor feedback.

Why have you not opened a case for Non Delivery? Just go to the transaction and open one.

Can you explain the $2 reference?

Why bother communicating with the seller and just use the tools that Ebay gives you at your fingertips?

If you are past the 30 day window from last estimated date of delivery, you can open a case in Paypal.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

I already have a case open. There's tons of site talk about getting Ebay involved but not how to achieve it!

Ebay expects  buyers  to try to communicate with the seller in an effort to resolve the matter THEN to contact them if unresolved. I was following that policy.

I tried to get help & was transferred by Ebay to another site that wanted $2 to answer my question. Seems to be a cash grab by Ebay as well as their new insurance coverage arrangements, that without consent they attach to all buyer transactions for $17 monthly. How dare they use my credit card details without my consent! You have to jump thru hoops to cancel the insurance, which I have done!

I have never had problems getting Ebay involved before with non delivery issues, so something seems to have changed. What? I've followed their processes but it ends in a ded end!

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

petdals
Community Member

BTW: It's all very confusing because Paypal told me to resolve the issue with Ebay NOT THEM! I shouldn't have to spend all this time on this to get a refund. It should be largely a simple matter!

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

@petdals wrote:

I already have a case open. There's tons of site talk about getting Ebay involved but not how to achieve it!    I havenโ€™t had to open a case for years, but from memory, you open your case (I NR) with eBay and if the seller hasnโ€™t responded in 4 days (I think, not sure though) then you can escalate the case and eBay then step in and resolve it. 

Ebay expects  buyers  to try to communicate with the seller in an effort to resolve the matter THEN to contact them if unresolved. I was following that policy.

I tried to get help & was transferred by Ebay to another site that wanted $2 to answer my question. I have NEVER heard of this $2 Q&A eBay site. When you say โ€˜eBayโ€™ transferred you, how did they do that? Via chat or email? If email, Iโ€™m guessing itโ€™s a fake email and a fake website. 

Seems to be a cash grab by Ebay as well as their new insurance coverage arrangements, that without consent they attach to all buyer transactions for $17 monthly. How dare they use my credit card details without my consent! You have to jump thru hoops to cancel the insurance, which I have done!   Never heard of this either. Iโ€™m not being charged $17. Iโ€™ve not heard anyone else being charged either.  Again, sounds like it might be a fake site? 

I have never had problems getting Ebay involved before with non delivery issues, so something seems to have changed. What? I've followed their processes but it ends in a ded end!  I think itโ€™s possible youโ€™ve been scammed.  

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

I have never, ever experienced anything like what you mention 

the $2 for helping, the $17 monthly fee

Sorry, are you sure you were on a real eBay site and did not follow some kind of scamming phishing link

iF there was this $17 monthly fee that nobody was aware of,  the forum would be flooded with complaints right now

And if there was that they did know about, it would still be flooded

If you really did see this, rather than a story to make you story sound better, you are going to want to change your passwords, get in touch with your bank etc etc

Becasue if you really did see this, it was not the real eBay links you were clicking on and giving your information to

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

Ok, so Iโ€™ve done a little research. So, apparently eBay has an partnership with a insurance company called XCover.com 

โ€˜Apparentlyโ€™ you can select to add extra insurance to your eligible purchases on eBay, at checkout. (Iโ€™ve never seen this, so Iโ€™m guessing I havenโ€™t bought any elegible items)

I canโ€™t find any fees or charges list, though it does say itโ€™s calculated on purchase price. 

Is this the link you were taken to? 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Yes that is correct. But that communication was a week or so ago & is not related to my present inability to call on ebay to take action on my behalf for a refund. I understood from that earlier advice that Ebay were going to charge me $17 per month, automatically for insurance, for  all ongoing transactions. They have now acknowledged, at my request, that they have cancelled it .

I have changed my password but I still can't see where I ask Ebay to initiate a refund on my behalf. I can only see that I opened a case a week or so ago but there is nothing there for me initate a request for Ebay to take action. Please advise how to do so. Thanks.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Ordinarily, 4 days must have passed before you can ask ebay to step in and help. Since Covid, I believe they have extended that time, to 7 or maybe even 10 days, due to postage delays. Keep checking back each day to see if the option to escalate has appeared.

You mentioned PayPal. Did you also open a dispute in PayPal? If you did, doing so will close the ebay dispute, as you can't have both open at the same time. If you did open a PayPal dispute, then you need to escalate there to get a refund. If you haven't opened a PayPal dispute, do not do so for the reason I just mentioned. If your ebay dispute fails, only then should you open a PayPal dispute.

I have also not heard of the $2 fee you mention. I'd like to know where you got that information from.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Yes, I reckon so!

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply