Cancelling order

Within three hours of making an order, I tried to cancal that order.  Reason I wont be around to collect the item as I am off to celebrate Chinese New Year.

I used the official channel to cancel items and the answer next day was NO CANNOT CANCEL.

Seller seem to be forcing the sale and sent come what may.

Only problem is that the item is bound to be be stolen, undelivered and lost, I know my neigbourhood.

It has happened before to another reclacitrant seller.  (I normally re-purchase from sellers who are flexible enough to cancel if my circumstance changes.)

Than what?.

Will I get a refudn if I do not receive the items?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Cancelling order

@penfolds407 wrote:

Only problem is that the item is bound to be be stolen, undelivered and lost, I know my neigbourhood.

Simply put in a mail redirection with AP (if that's who is delivering the item) for the time you'll be away.

Note, check how much time they need to get the redirection in place.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Cancelling order

The seller is not forcing, you made the purchase and the seller has been charged fees immediately.

A seller is not obligated to cancelling especially if the item was processed for dispatch already.

As suggested arrange it with the PO to hold mail until you get back.

image host
Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Cancelling order

Buyers CANNOT cancel

The seller is NOT forcing anything 

Hard to believe you only found out you would be away 3 hours after purchase (or otherwise why would you buy in the first place)

And it seems you have a habit of buying things and then cancelling

Sounds like it is about time a seller stood up to your bidding and then deciding not to pay

Then what?

Well, if it helps, I would imagine you will be added to many bbl of sellers reading here who have had a belly full of fake bidders wasting their time and money

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Cancelling order

You could simply ask the seller to delay shipping the item, until a date that suits you.  I have done this for numerous buyers and it is not a problem to arrange and any late shipment defects are easily rectified.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Cancelling order

go-tazz
Community Member

@penfolds407 wrote:

Within three hours of making an order, I tried to cancal that order.  Reason I wont be around to collect the item as I am off to celebrate Chinese New Year.

I used the official channel to cancel items and the answer next day was NO CANNOT CANCEL.

Seller seem to be forcing the sale and sent come what may.

So if the seller didn't get/see the message until after they had posted it they can't cancel it.

I've sold items within hours of me going into town and have always posted them so I couldn't have cancelled any

of those as the items were in the mail.good.gif

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Cancelling order

The OP seems to have issues.

They only remember that they're going overseas after buying something that will arrive during their journey. I wish I could travel overseas often enough that I couldn't remember which trip was which.

Or, they booked the trip between purchase and attempt to cancel.

They certainly don't understand that Paypal don't refund any transaction fees, so a cancellation will cost the seller money, which could be significant.

They have been lucky in that they have had mug sellers who allow them to purchase after a cancellation.

They obviously don't care about other peoples' money, so why should other people care about theirs.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Cancelling order

Create a (free) MyPost account and then set up a Parcel Collect with your local PO. Do that before you pay, then you can use your Parcel Collect number and PO to send the parcel to. What it means is, the parcel is delivered to the PO rather than your address. It is very important that you do this before you pay, so you can change the address in PayPal, because a seller can't change the address after payment.

The Parcel Collect address will be something like:

John Smith

Parcel Collect 12345-67890

146 Some Street

Your Town, 9876

The address is your PO address, rather than your own. They will hold the parcel for a minimum of 14 days. If you go and see them and explain, they will often hold it for longer.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Cancelling order

@penfolds407 wrote:

It has happened before to another reclacitrant seller.

let me get this straight . . . you buy, you pay, you ask the seller to cancel and when they say "no" they are recalcitrant? 

Twisted logic there.

Anyway, to keep a few other posters happy I will add this:

Welcome, and thank you for coming to these boards. Please feel free to post here again Smiley Happy

Spoiler
should keep the brigade happywwhat
Spoiler
what brigade you ask?
Spoiler
the brigade that continually say that newbies aren't made to feel welcome
Spoiler
I did include a smiley face!!!!!!!

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Cancelling order

k1ooo, I have a special train particularly made (by someone else - it's not one of my creations) for this specific welcoming purpose!

Steam Engine Welcome

You are hereby declared the Engineer of the Welcome Train.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply