Cannot put a return request in for on line store

I bought a misfit shine last week, picked it up, set it up as per online instructions, (there is none in the book) put it on, got out of my car and walked into highpoint, after 15 min i went to check my progress, and the shine had fallen out of the band. its a pretty flimsy thing, it must be faulty, because thats ridiculous.. so i tried to put in a dispute. nope. called the store, they were rude and wont help. sent an email to head office no reply. 

so warning, donr buy from a big online store, you wont get help with a faulty item. cheers

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Cannot put a return request in for on line store

That isn't good.

How did you pay?
Can you lodge a paypal claim & arrange to return the item as per a normal purchase?

If you used a credit card, perhaps your bank can assist.

Just some suggestions - Hope you find a solution.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

They refuse to do any follow up.

Take your ebay receipt into the store where you picked it up

and demand your money back.

That thing has a 12 month warranty.

Daughter bought something from them.  They wouldn't even

acknowledge her complaint.    She printed out the receipt and

stood her ground in-store.    Got her money back

And then gave 'em a big fat neg!

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

And then gave 'em a big fat neg!

And unfortunately as one of the "protected sellers" that big fat neg won't make a skerrick of difference to their ability to sell on eBay.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

thanks every one. 

i will be sending the box with whats left of it to their head office. ive left a negative.

i actually contacted Misfit in the US and they gave me a credit for a new one off their site. it cost me $25 US for postage, but at least im not totally out of pocket. 

(ive also puchased an after market band where the shine fits in from underneath, it really is a stupid design!! i prefer my fitbit charge hr, but its not waterproof for swimming!!)

i just want folks to realize with click and collect you immediately give up any chance of money back through paypal or ebay, as you have no tracking. i should have known. we sold a second hand ladder, the guy paid via paypal and then said the ladders faulty, i want $356 for new parts to fix it!! the ladder wasnt faulty, it had a small bend in the rail at the top, which didnt make it unsafe, and was a $2000 ladder sold for $600. we said just bring the ladder back we will give your money back if you are not happy. (he came to us and picked it up, so he saw it before he took it home). i told him we would just have cancelled the transaction on the spot if he had said he wasnt happy when he picked it up. he said he didnt see it in daylight or on a level suface, yet he collected it at 3 in the afternoon, from our workshop, which has a concrete floor!!  i bent over backwards to try and please the guy, but he put in a claim. i rang paypal, end of dispute. 

i just find it so disheartening. yes people abused the old feedback system when both could leave negative, but not nearly as much as it is abused now. its like they just want to get rid of all the little sellers.

and your right, my neg wont effect them at all! cheers

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply