Cant see the message box

Am getting frustrated here, could be my computer but i'll join the hordes of "its not my fault" and blame Ebay instead Smiley Tongue

anyhoo i am bidding on a item and want to send a message to the seller , when i click on send a message the page is as normal even the "hello so and so" bit except  there is no message box for typing in my message Smiley Frustrated

is this happening to other people? i've tried messaging a few sellers but the same thing keeps happening.

Thanks Ponies

Commonsense is not so common!
Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Cant see the message box

Could be the pc - clear cache and cookies and use Firefox rather than IE, much more eBay friendly.

Fully understand blaming eBay, they are usually the problem LOL

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Cant see the message box

Hi Green Cat thanks for answering Smiley Happy i've tried that but no luck.

my next option is to toss the computer out the window and see if that helps (probably wont but will make me feel better Smiley Very Happy )

i'll keep trying thought out the day other wise im going to have to see if a buddy can send a message on my behalf.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Cant see the message box

I have a couple of theories - probably wrong Smiley Happy

Are you trying to use "ask a question" in a listing?    If you are just using "contact the seller" there might be a problem.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Cant see the message box

Curraone whatever theories you have please throw them at me Smiley Happy i've tried both ways and still it wont come up correctly

i wanted to copy and paste the page here but it comes up with a security warning. think i'll shutdown the computer and try again later. 

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Cant see the message box

@ponies68 wrote:

Hi Green Cat thanks for answering Smiley Happy i've tried that but no luck.

my next option is to toss the computer out the window and see if that helps (probably wont but will make me feel better Smiley Very Happy )

i'll keep trying thought out the day other wise im going to have to see if a buddy can send a message on my behalf.

Personally, I've found throwing it at the front door to be more satisfying. If not, the concrete path is a good second option.

Is it an overseas seller or Aus? You're welcome to try and send me a message and see if it works.

If you've tried clearing out your cache and cookies, did you restart your browser afterwards? If not, restart it. If that doesn't work, try rebooting your computer.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Cant see the message box

go-tazz
Community Member

Are you using the Ask a question at the bottom of the listing?

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Cant see the message box

no fair, tazz, I already asked that Smiley Happy    you have to guess something else

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Cant see the message box

Good news it now appears to be fixed Smiley Very Happy 

and just in time for me to win a iten i have had my eye on for a whileSmiley LOL

looking at the sellers threads though it appears to have happened to other people as well, so i will now BLAME EBAY Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply